1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leveled the front of my truck

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by allstarlawncare, Nov 1, 2012.

1. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

Last year when I purchased my 2004 f250 the front of it sat real low so over the summer I lifted the front of it to make it level with the back. It raised about 3 inches in the front. Is there anything I am supposed to adjust on the plow to make up for this 3 inch lift on the front of the truck?
  2. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

If you have a ultra mount there are different bolt configurations on the forks that slide into the truck according to the height of your receivers on your truck. You manual could help. If you have a unimount you will probably have to raise up your pin frame to make sure the a frame stays level. Also take a look at the manual so as to put it in the right place. If you don't have a manual go to westerns website and you can pull it up.
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If you find any Ultra-mount installation guide it will show a table that says which configuration to use depending on the elevation of the revievers. Ultimately the goal is to make the A-frame of the plow as close to parallel to the ground (when the plow is fully down) as possible. Have a look at page 6 of this pro plus installation manual. It doesn't matter if you don't have a pro plus, the table and instructions are the same for all ultra mounts except the HTS.
    Of course if you have a uni it's a whole different ball game but with the same goal.