1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Level the cutting edges

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snyps, Nov 18, 2008.

1. snyps

snyps Senior Member

How do I level the cutting edges so the plow is flat when V'ed and Scooped? I cannot find any information on how to make this adjustment.

Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you put the plow down and move forward a little will it still be up on doses the cutting edge lay flat?

3. snyps

snyps Senior Member

With it on the ground if I push it forward it will lay flat. The center will then rest on the ground. if I go all the way forward the tips will not touch. I think it is the bump stop but don't know how to adjust it. grandview can you give me a call? 860-9320.

Thanks

4. bucket

bucket Junior Member
    from midwest

i'm having the same problem. i just replaced the cutting edges as the outside edges were way more worn than on the inside.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

This question has just been covered twice in the last couple days...use the seach feature, you'll find plenty of reading.

Here's one: Major adjustment

And another: Adjustments

6. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

Where are the adjustment pionts on a uni mount MVP?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Need to raise/lower and/or rotate 180 deg the coupler lugs on the mount.

8. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

I dont understand 180 deg coupler lugs? I am new to the mvp world Sorry... Thanks

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Perhaps this will help: Pin height adjustments

Basically you need to move the mount and coupler tabs until you have the needed results. Not the easiest way to set plow height but thats the way it works on the old Uni's.