1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

level/lift 05 f-250 psd

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ultimate plow, May 17, 2009.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Well as most of you guys know the f-250s/f-350s sit a little low in the front. My truck is totally stock. The front sits a little lower then the rear. The rear has 2" blocks. Any advive on to make my truck sit higher? 4"blcoks, bigger shocks/springs? would timbens in front do anything? Thanks

justin

2. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

How much taller?

You'll gain some height by going with heavier springs....I run the 7000lb coils on my 07.

For more height you can do a coil spacer (I prefer the kind that bolt to the axle underneath the coil seat).

3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Do you want to take up both ends of the truck or just the front? New springs will work great but they will settle in time. I am runiing a 4" rancho on my 07 f-350 and it was great but after 2 plow seasons it's time for a new set of coils because they have settled :cry: I will have to look to find it ,but there is a co. that is/was offering an adjustable coil spacer for the super duty. It had a minimun of 2" of lift I beleive, which would work great if you have a set of tired stock springs. I love plowing in a taller truck so no matter how you go about it it's good in my book :drinkup:

Good luck , shaun

4. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I decided on the icon 2.5" kit with rear 4" blocks.