1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Level 1 Maintenance

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ford550, Nov 13, 2008.

1. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Anyone every hear or work for Level 1 maintenance out of Mass? I just got a call from them to plow an account they have in PA. Any info would be great.
  2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i don't know anything about them but you have a list of nice equipment...good luck!
  3. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

I just got a circuit city account from them this past weekend. From what I see in the agreement everything seems to be on the up and up, But don't know for sure. I guess I will find out when I send a bill. Especially since Circuit City just went bankrupt on Monday. They contacted me from the Boston area and I'm from Golden Colorado. Pricing was pretty good if they pay, i'll make about 600 for an hour of work. Any life is good when you live two blocks away from Coors Brewery. I get free beer every day. Good Luck.:drinkup:
  4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I got a call for a circuit city 2 days ago from them. typed there name in at google and changed my mind. Seems like they take a really long time to pay or don't pay at all
  5. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

This call was for the circuit city in our area too. I asked about Circuit city filing for chapter 11 and he said that would have no bearing on them. I have a hard time believing that considering they need their tenants to pay them in order for them to pay me, if you get my drift. Thanks for the responses, anymore would be appreciated, especially anyone that has already worked for them.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  6. salopez

salopez Senior Member

if you are plowing a CC that is staying open, I would be less worried about the chap. 11 then this co. paying you. They "need" your service as part of daily operations, and must pay you (mang. co) by bankrupcty law within 30 days.

MRUSSELL Member

i just signed up with them to plow an office max in my area we will see what happens i read their contract and they pay net 45 and alot of paper
  8. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

f550 hi am keven I live on south side of allentown. me and my freind have been get 2-3 calls a day from level1main. they fax over contract I think they are too low on salt and low and not be a little bit it looks like 4 hours with 1 truck 2 hours with hand and poss 3-4 tons of salt and 4 bags of sidewalk safe salt i called level 1main and ask if they had a clue on the lots size. also that salt is going up and up!!!! I like too make money too!!!

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Do u hav a web site or a phone number for level 1
  10. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Isn't this another US Maintenance type company? All they are doing is collecting accounts and subbing them out.......correct me if I am wrong????
  11. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

i doen't know but when i call the manager he didn't know much about snow, salt prices and the lot!
  12. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

I think I'll stay clear...I googled complaints for this company. JMO
  13. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Yeah I googled too, only found really one complaint. For a company that size its really not a big deal, your always going to find some contractor not happy.

AA+ Landscaping,
    Yeah, this guy doesn't sound like he knows too much about this lot or snow for that matter. Their pricing is way to low for 110,000sf lot and their breakdown sucks 2-7, 7-13, 13-18, 18+, no way. There is a big difference pushing 7 and 13, ect., yet their price is maybe good for up to 8 in there breakdown. I also don't like when they tell you what they are going to pay. We'll see, I figured this is probably what a no name was charging them in the past. He probably didn't do a good job or they just want to see if another sucker will take it. Too low for me. The salting price is joke too.
  14. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Theres no "No Name" involved at all. They price the work well below market/industry standards to get the work sold period. They claim to the client they make there money on bulk, that doesnt work on labor though, as your costs per hour dont go down ( they actually go up) the more hours you put in.

They find some poor sap to plow and salt for next to nothing, take on all the liability, then screw them with no payment.
    This is nothing NEW in this industry. National Management Companys dont pay there contractors, thats how they make there money.
    If ANY Management Company does not use your price, with there markup added to provide to a client, forget about working for them.

How many threads just on this site alone are there about NO PAY from National outfits ?
    Now how many are there about GOOD things from National Companys ? Notice a pattern ?

WAKE UP, you will get screwed.
  15. greenrob98

greenrob98 Junior Member

This is my 2nd year for snow plowing with Level 1 maintenance and have not had any problems. It took awhile to get my head around being paid 45 days out but once you get on a schedlule then its ok. Check the thread "National property maintenane firm" 2 down from this one for more discussion around Level 1 Maintenance.
  16. fknippenberg

fknippenberg Junior Member

We've been plowing for Level 1 at a couple of Mobil Stations for 2 years no problems with them other than a little slow to pay - but all in all its a good relationship.
  17. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

How late have they been in paying you? This is my first year plowing for them and they are almost 15 days late on the 45 day pay period. Is this normal for them? I'm beginning to wonder what the hell is going on. I have spent lots of $ servicing for them and my bills don't get paid on hopes and dreams.
  18. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

Mail man just came and I got the money. F%#@ ya.
  19. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Anyone have any updates on this company? Still working for them? No issues besides slow pay? Thanks!
  20. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I got a call from them at midnight last Thursday. They wanted me to cover a Blockbuster three towns away. Of coarse they pay crap and expect the world just like the rest of them. I talked to some local guys and the feedback I got was there is more paperwork and approval phone calls then there is work. I'm staying clear. I have the contract, email address, and a phone number for them if anyone is interested.