1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lettering is CHEAP advertising...

Discussion in 'BE SEEN TRUCK LETTERING & MORE' started by BeSeenGraphics, Sep 4, 2009.

1. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

I am a firm believer that lettering is one of the best forms of cheap advertising.

Think about it. For the price of 1 set of our RTA (ready to apply) lettering/graphics kits, it will stay on for years without needing any special maintenance. You're advertising your business everywhere you go in your lettered vehicle! Amazingly, even if your lettered vehicle is stationary, you're STILL advertising.

Now, what better affordable advertising, huge audience, low maintenance, repeat viewer, with a high return on investment is there? The ATA says the average delivery truck makes 16 million impressions every single year. And since your truck lettering can last you 7 years (sometimes more), you'll need to divide the cost of the truck lettering into seven years!

We'll let the statistics and figures convince you that truck lettering is the way to go!

Let's just assume that you're paying $100 for truck lettering, you're only paying $14.28 each year for the whole year's advertising just from your truck lettering. And you could be exposing your truck lettering advertisement to 16 million pairs of eyes each year.

Now, start visualizing the lettering/graphics you want!

When it comes to truck lettering, there's no one to tell you what you can or should put on it. You can be as formal as you want, or as creative as you want for your truck lettering.

Now if anybody has any questions or needs any help, please feel free to ask. I'm here to help in any way that I can.
  2. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

You are correct with what you said.

My local print shop is half the price however.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

My buddy can't believe how many bid invites he has gotten since his vinyl was laid on the trucks.
  4. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

yes my local sign shop is half that as well
  5. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

Our pricing is highly competitive with most professional sign shops in our upstate NY area. I just changed my sig to not let the fly-by-nighters who operate out of a garage with Chinese equipment in on our pricing. We do not compete with fly-by-nighters either. Our equipment is paid for. We do not set our pricing by it.

We aren't just doing a basic font and cutting it. We're doing layouts and designing as well. If you want generic stuff, we can do it for half the price too.

We employ old school quality with new school equipment.

If anybody needs professional work done at a competitive price...feel free to click the link in my signature.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  6. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

What do you guy's have on your truck that's catching people's eyes?
  7. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

My best advice is to convey your message short sweet and quick. It needs to be readable at first glance and in the right color combo.
  8. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Snow plowing 555-555-5555 lic & ins
    (IN CAPS)
    Especially on all the windows because you can scrape them off when the season is over.
    You can also have a long magnet made. It's easier to read long horizontal messages then a vertical/paragraph style one.
    Another good idea is to have your phone number decalled very large on the front of your plow.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  9. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Amen, I am a 3rd generation commercial printer and there's just no way you can touch these "garage guys" or as we call them "dot com printers" but we have been in business since 66 and i always see these guys that give it away just to get the work going out real fast. Sounds kinda like plowing huh? People would rather have a dirt cheap price over quality any day and that hurts the people who are actually skilled in there trade. Its a damn shame!
  10. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

The prices I'm seeing are cheap. I was quoted $ 250 to letter my van (2 sides & rear door), single color, basic letters. Ended up buying a plotter which I have yet to use.
  11. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

Our prices are very competitive for the materials and service we provide. All made in the USA.
  12. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

ur link aint working
  13. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

I am interested, call me @ 419-674-1717 tomorrow.
  14. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

I will. And Icey...we were updating the site. Now we have a lot of products to add. It's working now. TYhis cat has been working on it all day. Now...it's my bed time. Night guys.
  15. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Post some pics of your work if possible.
  16. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

you were quoted $250 for both sides and rear by a professional...and INSTEAD you bought a plotter and decided to do it yourself? *shakes head*

there comes a point in space where CHEAP and VALUABLE cross paths...that's where you will find the professionals. Not cheap, but a good value. Ugh...i better get off this soapbox before I get on it.:cool:
  17. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

Amen my friend. Quality is not expensive, it it priceless. One of my slogans.
  18. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

I added Yard Sign pricing to my website this morning.
  19. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  20. Ketch

Ketch Member

Do you offer full-color custom lettering? :help: