1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Letter to perspective customers

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by KevinClark, Feb 25, 2011.

1. KevinClark

KevinClark Senior Member

I am looking to send out letters to business's in my area for snow and ice removal. I wanted to know if anyone has a sample letter that you would send out to a perspective customer as a first letter. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

I think it may be a little to early in the game to be sending out letters for next season already. We are in a relatively identical location, seasons probably differ by maybe a month or so, but we usually will start sending out information for snow around august or at the latest september.

But your best bet would be to simply stop in and talk to the manager about bidding. Thats what I do, and have better success then cold call or mail. National companies do similar things, but they have a bid already worked up at this point even before they talk to them. Especially the snow only companies.
  3. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

trust me, i'm not taking a dig at you whatsoever. but when you send your letter out. make sure you do a spell check. it's "prospective" like, expected or future, as in: The prospective buyer went to the company's Web site to learn about the new product the word "perspective" means a mental view or prospect
  4. KevinClark

KevinClark Senior Member

Thank you very much for the correction and thoughts. Very much appreciated.
  5. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

dayexco: not my thread but thanks for the post. I would be guilty of the same mistake.