1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Letter of Solicitation

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Green Feet, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Green Feet

Green Feet Member

Hello all,
    I have been plowing primarily residential. This week I made some cold calls on small commercial properties. Although I leave my business card, some have asked for a letter outlining my business. I am at a loss and was wonering if anyone has a sample that I could use to get me started. Thank you in advance.
  2. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Since no one else is helping, here it goes.

A. XYZ Company, founded in the year XXXX.
    B. Currently serving % commercial, % residential, etc... in the following locations.
    C. Our companies mission is to provide (what you do differently or what others in the industry lack)
    D. Our business strategy to accomplish our mission statement is...
    E. Some references include....
    F. Please call for a prompt property assesment. (you have to have a call to action in your letter)

It is just a brief intro letter outlining the history of your company. Be honest... if your small, then to embellish too much. State some advantages of owner-operators, etc...

You might attach your Certificate of Insurance for credibility.

Best of luck!
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

This is why you need a website ,you can direct them to it. Then they'll have all the info on you to make a decision.
  4. big acres

big acres Senior Member

I second that motion... nice site GV.
  5. Green Feet

Green Feet Member

Big acres thank you for the suggestions. That gets me started. I do have a website which is on my card but I will mention this in the letter as well. I think the certificate of insurance is a great idea.