1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lets take a poll and see whos right in the northeast!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Mow It All, Feb 7, 2007.

How many inch's ?

26 vote(s)
  2. 1' to 2"

12 vote(s)
  3. 2" to 4"

13 vote(s)
  4. 4" to 6"

4 vote(s)
  5. 6"+

17 vote(s)
  1. Mow It All

Mow It All Member

Ok so our buddy Henry says were going to get snow next Tuesday -+ a day....I saw on Comcast Weather that we are looking at 8+", and the weather channel says nothing next week.......Take a poll......How much?

I say Dusting to 1"

2. NCass31

NCass31 Member

i'm from CT but i'd put my money on all that rain down south coming up here, and Florida getting about 8' of fluffy stuff...
  3. tkahike

tkahike Member

Henry is a doomsdayer [​IMG]
  4. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Native American Snow Prayer

Seeing as part (most) of New England this year has seen jack Sh-- for snow, We deserve at least 1 good storm! I was surfing the web here at work one night and found myself on a website with Suzy Chaffee ( Suzy Chap Stick ) She works we an Indain Nation out west. For fun I emailed her and she sent back a Native American Snow prayer. I'm doing my best! 1 good one is all I ask.

Pale Rider :gunsfiring:
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It'll be Valentines Day
    cus the kid is away
    baby wants to play
    have to work all day
    Plowing snow, hurray!

I'll make it up to the wife later, Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!payup
  6. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Aint gunna happen.
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

We aren't going to get a thing. I am so close just to giving up. My truck is still clean and I have only washed it once this winter! I hope I am wrong and we get hammered, but based on this year, I doubt it.
  8. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn Member

Come on guys, what are the real chances that we are going to go all winter without getting a decent storm. This winter so far has the least snowfall on record by a huge margin. I think we are going to pay the price real soon. At least spring is getting closer each day!
  9. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

we will be getting slammed.....because my truck is in the shop for the rear differential and front u joint. so theres your hope guys. :help:
  10. kkls2006

kkls2006 Member

As far as I know they said this storm was going to pass to th south.. As usuall
  11. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

ask mick he always seems to be closer than the weather guys
  12. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I'm betting around 1"...hope we can at least plow...but I'll sure take more!:nod: payup Henry's saying we're supposed to get pounded with snow around the 19th...right in the middle of when I'll be away...great!:angry: :eek:
  13. BMPM

BMPM Member

Henry is lookin at some major snow possible for the northeast and mid atlantic over the next 2 weeks. I hope he's right!
  14. DeereFarmer

It is looking like this "big one" might be sliding up the whole East coast. This morning the models showed it going out to sea South of NY city, like around Washington DC. Now they are saying it might brush Cape Cod. I'll wait until tomorrow when they say it'll be in Maine. My butt is going to be infront of the TV all weekend watching the weather lol... and the Bud Shootout.
  15. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn Member

I'm telling you, wait and see about this one guys, we are due for a good one and this could finally be it if everything sets up just right. Can anyone say "NOR'EASTER"!!!!
  16. Mow It All

Mow It All Member

there is talk on the news about this being a Noreaster if certain things happen....Were going to get atlease 4-6" in Central NJ but it could be alot worse.......I wish i was in NY right now 8 friggen feet of snow. I could retire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:
  17. DeereFarmer

I am beginning to agree with you. As of now it is looking to be setting up pretty well, atleast for you southern New Englanders. I'll be ready for anything. 2" would be good, but 12" of powder would be amazing. Maybe some 30 MPH winds to get some good drifts going.
  18. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I keep tabs on old Hen!! he is a great metoroligist that really gets involved in his work! He loves the big storms so he does tend to get a little emotional, but so don't we all!! He is the guy that is front and center and we all depend on his forecasts like they are gosipal?

I have a feeling he is a little gun shy on this storm so he just wants to keep the north east aware that the storm could blow up too be his big daddy which I hope!! He just doesn.t want to get everyone too excited if it does go out to sea around Virginia? Lets just hope the conditions will favor a big storm so us guys in the Northeast can pay some bills!!

19. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

henry's updated blog has many of the GFS models showing a blizzard for Valentines Day for Philly, NYC and New England. He said point's south of Philly like Virginia and Maryland will still get 6"+ if it follows the models. For the major cities in the Northeast he said if it follows the models they would be shut down for a day and we would have a similar scenario as Colorado at the beginning of the year. He says theres a strong possibility of 12"+ from Philly northward.
  20. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Dude, i just got so excited reading that! I would be happy as a pig in sh*t!! Ive been trying a new approach, not watching the weather. I havent seen it in like 3 days....please mother nature, blanket the hell out of us!!!