1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lets see your work, driving, and reverse lights.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rusty_keg_3, Nov 22, 2010.

1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Ok, just dropped the truck off today for a new flat bed, im trying to get some ideas for lights... It has a bulk head, so the lights will be on that, please include where u got them, and how much u paid. Pics of them on are nice, and a little "review" would be greatly appreciated...

2. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

do a search man....seriously...or just browse the strobe forum
  3. rusty_keg_3

I was home all day with a fever... And searched here for hours, and maybe its just me, but its a PITA... And i want peoples opinions too...
  4. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

You're asking for a lot. Search is your friend. Gotta put a little work in to get a little results....you should know that.
  5. rusty_keg_3

Im not in the mood to work today... Ive been sitting, drinking tea all day... The most work ive done all day was drop my truck off to get my flatbed, and type this response... lol

Plus i figure a lot of people look for this, so if they search it, it will pop up... And then they will only have to do 1 search...
  6. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

you can get a set of led one's

they work nice. I just recently read a review on here about them. Loked good

or you can get a set of halogen one's and save a few bucks. Get a set of KC Daylighters. They work great
  7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

8. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

See my link for the headache rack build in my signature. You can get an idea for the bulkhead lights.
  9. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

^^built in mahhhch. ovah heyah .... she looks mint bub. I f$%^&n love maine... who needs different vowels, just chuck a f*&(%n "A" inna and she'll rock ya till morrow comes.
  10. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

:confused: must be some kind of southern maine talk....
  11. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, you can't tell I'm from Maine.:rolleyes:
  13. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

14. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Just mounted these today. Picked them up at 4 wheel parts and they are made by Ridgid Industries. They are real bright and the pair cost me less then $200 and it came with the harness. I hooked them to my Aux switch in the dash so I can keep them on and love them so far. The pattern is more of a spot then a flood, but I have them angled so it lights up the corners of the truck and when I look in the mirrors everything I need to see it lit.
  15. Backwoods

Backwoods Junior Member

Iam running 2 sets of back-up lights Straight back off my Hitch and side to side off the back-rack.

And here a walk around vid with lights on:

Dont know if this helps but it might give you some ideas.
    Good Luck!!
  16. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

I went to NAPA auto parts and bought a pair of amber fog lights in rubber housings. Then I made a bracket to mount them on my hitch and wire them into the back up lights. I also turned them out a bit so they light what I can see in the mirrors.
    The only draw back so far is fog lights had to be mounted at a max height of 30". I wanted to mount them higher so they wouldn't get messed up backing into snow banks, but these rubber housings should hold up.
  17. equip guy

equip guy Member

I use the hella 55w halogen lights, they are approx 4x4 and have a single post mounting stud. They are approx $35 ea. They have a dedicated power and ground. This is important IMO because should you use a light fixture that is self grounding, it really depends if the area that it is mounted will produce a good ground. I mount 2 under the rear bed with a slight angle to the sides (mirror view area) and 2 facing straight back on a rack which gives you a better over all scene illumination. Don't have tied into the reverse circut because most systems won't deliver the needed power as it is smaller gauge wire from the manufac. Run at least 10ga wire fused with a HD switch for the load, As far a front lights a spot light type like a baja or off road type can be mounted for the season, and will help cut through the fog and white out situations, and can be turned on only when your site is poorly lit. Mount them with a weather plug and remove in the off season. Again use heavier ga. wire for the power load. With all that power being used, LED lights might be of order to minimize further strain on your charging system due to they only draw .2-.5 amps. There are many different brands with costs that can range from $30 ea light head to upwards of $150 per light head. Try brands like Nova, whelen, trucklite, code-3, and federal signal for starters. The white lighting can be checked out on truck lite, or unity. Look up AWDIRECT.COM for ideas. Good luck and hope you feel better, Keep away from the cheap rubber tractor sealed beam lights, a flash light would be better than these.
  18. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

2 hella 4" work lights. $12 each my cost at work. put out plenty of light for me.

19. Fiske Plowing

Fiske Plowing Member

Just finished this up few days ago. Have strobes and turn signals in each box, back up lights on each side of sander and downward light for sanding at night

20. rusty_keg_3

That looks nice, where did u get those, and how much did u pay? I just saw ur wiring, thats SWEET, very clever...

Why only 30"? am i missing something?

Ok, thanks for the inf, greatly appreciated.