1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lets See Your Switch Boxes/Consoles in GMs!!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by MikeRi24, Jan 2, 2012.

1. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Those of you who have 99-07 Silverados and Sierras, lets see some consoles you're using or have built! I need to do something about my mess of radios and switches, but not sure what. Jotto Desk makes a nice one, but I realized I can't use it because of my floor-mounted 4x4 shifter. Heres the mess that I'm working with:

[​IMG]

In order from top to bottom, I have:
    -UHF Radio with my private channel on it
    -Switchbox for my lights
    -Fire/Police scanner
    -CB Radio

Since this picture was taken, I have replaced the center seat there with a NBS center seat with the fold down armrest, so those cupholders arent there anymore which frees up some space. I also suppose I could get rid of the CB radio if I HAD to since I don't use it much, but if I can keep it I would like to. So lets see what you got!

2. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mine is in a 2004 chevy 2500 silverado. only controls the lightbar so far.... i built the whole switch pannel. mounts in the roof headliner storeage spot above the rear view mirror.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  3. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

chuckraduenz thats a nice setup

4. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Yeah chuckraduenz that is nice I will get a pic of mine up here in a little bit. Gotta find a spot to put another radio in there dang i need more room!!!!!!

5. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

Chuck, I never thought I'd see someone with more switches than me, but you sure got a lot...

I will try to snap a pic before I start my route tomorrow. I'll give y'all a treat and you can see my truck all clean.

6. chuckraduenz

thanks all for the complements.

i wanted to make shure i had enough. but id almost like 2 more. plus i also wanted to make shure i didnt have to turn on my whole bar for 1 function. the aux switch is not hooked up yet. but im planning on useing it for the aux reverse lights and led flashers on the bed rails i need to add them here this week when its warm. so that switch will turn on the side raillights and supply ground to the led rear reverse lights so when i put my truck in reverse it will supply power to the lights and turn them on.

7. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Well here is mine and dang its cold up here 5 out side right now
    I had the plate made from stainless steel and it is a exact copy of the plastic one well all most lol. The Whelen pccs9np controller is for the Liberty bar. The switches are for all the other stuff in my sig, The lower left one if for High Idle.

[​IMG]

This is one of my radios for Amateur radio. I have a Motorola Spectra going in but dont know where to put it......

[​IMG]

8. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I like that overhead switch plate idea. I could prob find one of those on ebay and make it fit in my truck. T really like the Jotto Desk "top piece" that goes in the factory full-length console, and I almost feel like I made the wrong decision recently by purchasing the jumpseat with the fold down arm rest rather than getting the full console. That would have made this so much easier.

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Here are a few I have done. The one of the over head console is in my 04. The one with the mastercom siren is in my dads truck. Everything was custom made.

[​IMG]

03 GMC 001.jpg

03 GMC 002.jpg

03 GMC 003.jpg

10. Chandlerarms

Chandlerarms Senior Member

Dont have nearly as much gear as everyone else but here is what I have. 2001 SIlverado. Snowex SP 575 controller, BOSS straight blade joy stick and a switch for the E series Hide-a-ways. I removed the tape player the truck came with. I am trying to add a custom face plate to clean it up a bit more, but that is a work in progress. Plus I have room to add more LED switches as planned.

truck7 - Copy.JPG

11. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

chandlerarms... I really like the look of that console.

I don't have a console for everything, but there are a couple pics of what I have mounted.

The switch box is custom made from a radio shack project box. The Switch above it is an on-off-on switch that controls my backup lights

Then I have the spreader controller, my CB radio, and its hard to see but the brake controller is right under the spreader control box. and theres another switch in there for the back up alarm.

photo(4).JPG

photo(5).JPG

12. chuckraduenz

got a picture of it actuly in the truck today.

[​IMG]

13. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

No holes drilled, I was able to use the stock strip at the bottom lip. I liked the switch panel too, it was one of the better ones that I've used.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  14. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I particularly like this. I would like to see it with different toggle switches, but you get pretty limited in that size. Very nice job!

15. webbytech

webbytech Junior Member

work in progress
    [​IMG]

16. Thor78

Thor78 Member

6 switch brooking mounted in the under middle seat console & td's/alley's are wired into factory beacon switch

[​IMG]

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

What kind of switches are you thinking about?

18. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

why does it have to gms only,,,,,,sniff sniff "stomping around" huff!!!!!!!
    :cry:

19. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

cuz seeing ones in Fords isnt gonna help me figure out what to do with mine haha. If I had a superduty, I would already know what I was going to do because Havis-Shields makes a sweet console that fits right in the dash and is perfect for what I need. Unfortunately, they dont make one like that for a GM. go figure.....

20. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

but thats brand racism,,and thats wrong....i'm telling!!!!!!!
    :laughing: