1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lets see your snow dumps!

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 4x4Farmer, Jan 18, 2009.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Heres ours, its almost full!
    <embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i29.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/xc500rule/005.flv">
    One of the citys dumps
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Farmer you better specify that it isn't yours otherwise someone might bust your balls:dizzy:
  3. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Still hauling snow like crazy??? Its sure ben a good winter out my way.. its non stop.. you get things cleaned up.. piles moved... and then start all over cause you got another storm to plow!!!!
  4. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Time for a melter?! :dizzy:
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like you have lots of room left.
  6. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

No, theres kinda a funny property line that runs through there, Im sure its full now, The other guys that dump there were hauling like crazy tonight!
  7. jhakarter

jhakarter Member

you guys got other spots to dump at around town or just hoping for no snow and warm weather for a lil while? lol.. Looks like lots of dump sites around the FM area are getting full. We dont haul much snow, so where were dumping at isnt to bad yet. but theres still plenty of winter left. haha.
  8. NorthDakota

NorthDakota Member

heres ours

pile 022.jpg
  9. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

10. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

what kind of FEL is that? Also is that a power wagon (the pickup)
  11. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Could you guys build up ramps in the snow for more height and storage like in gravel pits? Or is the snow just too soft to do that with? I'd think a large excavator could also pile the snow alot higher.
  12. jhakarter

jhakarter Member

Theres one const. company that I know of around town that uses a dozer to build up the piles in a big ramp, such as gravel pits or landfils etc.
  13. imphillips

imphillips Junior Member

I thinkin snow melter? Where I live north of Phila. if we got that much snow people would be having heart attacks
  14. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Where I'm from, they used a full size blower to stack the snow at the snow dump. By the end of winter, it would generally be around 50' high I think. I'll try to get pics next time I'm there.

Edit: Found this pic of it online, showing the pile and a blower.

15. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

what kind of blower is that? I want one!
  16. lumps

lumps Senior Member

It's great for driveways, haha.
  17. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

what ever it is is sure is ugly, but with a 6 ft wheel base its turning radius should be pretty small. :)
  18. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

It looks to be cat yellow and as best i can tell it has an old cat emblem on the rear of it. Maby I am wrong.
  19. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Hey, if i had it im sure i would use it for that!!! we have skids, but we use our wheel loaders to driveways instead of them. Just cause we dont haul our skids and the drives are a ways away/

If its ugly that means it was built when they acually built stuff to last!!!! Ugly is good!!!
  20. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

HEY!! y did you get out of the truck! that was a good ass song haha!!