1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lets see your S-10 plow truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ebski387, Feb 8, 2004.

1. ebski387

ebski387 Junior Member
    from ny

i love to see the "small guy" doing all the work. i dont have a plow on my s10 yet but plan on it. post your pictures of s10s with plows

2. myo

myo Senior Member

This is a pic of my old truck, but it is still a sonoma or s-10

picture 260ore.jpg

3. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

Here is a pic from last year. I have Herculined the rockers since then so it looks more two toned now. Got rid of my rock chips though.

snowyint.jpg

4. ebski387

ebski387 Junior Member
    from ny

myo how did the sonoma handle the plow? sag alot? because i have a stock 95 s10 and was wondering about it if you have anyother pictures or imput that would be great thanks

5. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

83 Blazer....paid $100 for the truck, needed tranny ($500), pieced together the plow (total $450), $400 for new tires. So, for under $2000, got a decent little truck.

About the S10s taking the weight of the plow, I find that it drops the front about 1 1/2 in when I lift it, but the ride doesn't seem to be affected much.

Plows pretty good, could use a bit more weight and power.

plow3.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2004
  6. blazaman2001

blazaman2001 Junior Member

Myo.........what is the plow on your truck in the picture and how do u like it?

7. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

my sonoma with a 7.5 snoway

picture 026.jpg

8. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

another one if my sonoma

picture 024.jpg

9. myo

myo Senior Member

I put timbrens in the front and rear, there was 450lbs in the rear for ballast... There was a little sag when you lift the plow but the timbrens and weigth in the back helped tremendously.

The plow is a fisher 6'9" LD

Here is another pic

picture 243re.jpg

10. myo

myo Senior Member

I liked the plow, together they made a good driveway plowing rig

picture 258re.jpg

11. ebski387

ebski387 Junior Member
    from ny

what is the average price for a fisher 6'9'' ld plow

12. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

A bit over $3000 here.

13. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

6'9" Ld ran me 3500 out the door that was with timberns, deflector, and emergency parts kit.

14. ezcleanfilter

ezcleanfilter Junior Member
    from wis

Here is my custom built plow and s10 blazer. It is alot of work and hours but I am ready for winter. Please checkout this link to see what I have done

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2065509&id=1454208390&l=da2769bee8

15. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

heres mine 97 s10 long bed, just put new 31" Goodyear Duratracs on, totally changed the look of the truck much meaner now, i need to get some more pics with the new tires when it snows

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Is the old 6'9" LD the same as the new 6'9" SD? I was thinking the SD was a little bigger becouse you never se anybody put them on small trucks any more, it's all Homesteaders now.

17. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Although this thread is just shy of its 7th birthday, the 6'9"/7'6" LD was the same as the SD until they put the taller blades on them like the one you have. My first choice was the SD but went with the HT, a few problems with the jack but its all gravy. I have seen and heard from a few people/places that Fisher will be doing away with the SD line for the HT since they are essentially for the same trucks. I think if they used the Insta-Act pumps instead of the Homesteader it could be a bit better, we shall see what happens if they do anything.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm glad you are having good luck with your HT. They seam like a pretty good plow.

19. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

That is a cool "arm" on the back! Looks like you are Great at little custom things. Have you had a chance to use this rig yet?

20. ezcleanfilter

ezcleanfilter Junior Member
    from wis

Yes that are folds down and I put my Snowblower on it,better then trailering it. That screw lift I found in a thrift shop about 8 years ago it was for lifting handycap people and has a working load of 450 pounds. It is made of billet aluminum and The arm is medal and the plateform is aluminum magniz with steal. The motor is so small hold in the pum of your hand. It is pretty light weight but hi qualty materials made to make that lift. I worked at a company as a robot welder programer for 10 years and the company was leaving so I started a portable welding and maint-small engine repair out of a old custom but and I had made this lift for inside to put welding and lawnmowers on. I just fab for the truck then,sorry about babling