1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lets see you warning lights setups

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by WesternproGMC, Feb 15, 2011.

1. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

Lets see you warning lights setups

post photos of:
    -beacons
    -light bars
    -hide a ways
    -strobes
    -any warning lights, wiring, and switches

This summer plan to install some lights on my truck and was looking at a "Whelen LED Beacon Light L32" some "Whelen LIN3" and maybe a hide a way kit. But first I want to see your

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Here are some pics of my set up. Plowsite wont allow me to repost my pics of my lights. So I think maybe thursday I will retake some pics and try and finish wiring my 4 light ultralite in. Anyway heres a link to my lights and plow and switchbox I made. If you need any help making anything or any harness' just let me know.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=109569

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  3. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

You have one NICE plow setup... that would be nice to see pics of your new lights and I would love to see some better pics of the bar light you have in the back window

thanks

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I am busy tomorrow, but will thursday. I have a sho-me mini led bar on the roof right now because not everything is hooked up.

6. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

7. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

8. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

9. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

Nice clean tig welds and bright strobes form the look of the video

Also I love the JET BOAT:nod:

10. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

When did your truck get squished?

11. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the 02
    16 head federal jetstrobe bar, federal arrowstik, and whelen strobe tubes in the trucks corner lights,
    [​IMG]
    the 88
    code3 7 rotator light bar, with strobes in the trucks corner lights.
    [​IMG]
    the 79
    old federal 4 rotator light bar
    [​IMG]

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Opening day of gun season. Nov 15. I was coming home from a fire meeting and out poped a huge 8 point. He was pry 175 live weight. I turned to go square with him, otherwise he woulda went down the drivers side of the truck. Its getting fixed, I just haven't had the time to bring it in. And with the plow on now, it doesn't bother me cause no one sees it. He was yummy though. I got a lot of meat off him, right front shoulder, both back straps, right rear hind quaters, and the right tender lyon. Left side shoulder was shot and so was the left rear. When I hit him I was doing about 65. I Killed him instantly. When we skinded him and opened him up the next day I found out I blew his stomach apart. Luckly it didn't wreck the meat. He had a full belly of a-corns in him too. HAH!

13. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

do you have any videos at night?

14. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I just noticed the box was silver in its previous life

15. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

nope. i don't have anything that does video

16. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Oh yeah that too. HAHA. Another winter story. I was plowing one night at one of my accounts and they have some huge bolders at the corners of the parking lot and at approches of areas to go to different parts of the lot, well on my last pass of the night I backed up and was watching the pass. side mirror and thought I was over far enough and bam. Took out the rear bumper and left rear quater panel. Pushed the sheet metal upward a tiny bit so it was difficult getting the tail light out. (it never broke or was craked, Just made it hard when I was putting the new box on.) The 2 days later I was plowing in a parking lot and was in the aisle way or roadway of the parking lot and had stopped and waited for a car to back out, and they weren't going. So I was like okay fine, I'll go and just as I did that they decided to go. Well he hit the other rear quater. and that side of the bumper. Again all sheet metal damage. No frame damage, or anything. No broken lights. No bent tail pipe. He needed a new rear drivers side door. Insurance sided with me because I was in the aisle way or road way of the lot and had my warning lights on. Well he didn't like that, took me to court. I showed up on the correct day bright and early had all my ducks in row and he doesn't show. Talked to the majestraight, or however you spell it. Told him what happened and hes like ok. Well since he isn't here you win again. HAHA. And he had to pay court costs because he lost/didn't show. HAH. The box is off a 06 that was wrecked. I picked it up real cheap from a guy and brought it to my body guy and told him to just do the outside. My tailgate is usually on so you don't see the inside so it doesn't bother me. Been thinking about getting a spay in liner, but just haven't gotten that far yet.

17. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

:laughing:

18. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I just picked up 4 LED3s from sound off and will be putting them in the grille. I am waiting to get the front end fixed right now and as soon as that gets done I am installing those.

19. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

20. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Some cool setups out there. Mine is used for fire/rescue response year round, as well as plowing when thew time comes. I have the switches split up so i can pick and choose which ones i need at any given time. So here's the skinny.....the switch panel is made out of a spare section of black whelen lens. They take power from the constant +12 that operates the maplights. I ran a bundle of 18ga lines from the panel to a custom distribution/relay panel behing the rear seat. The switches draw almost no power, so it was safe to use the small maplight line, since all they do is trip the relays. The panel is powered by a 4ga main line coming from the batteries, with a 60 amp inline fuse under the hood (sry no pics of that). Everything is fed off of the fuse panel and fused individually. I left a few extra spots for future additions :D. So here are the pics of the switch and distribution panel:

switchpanel.jpg

dist panel.jpg