1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lets see them steal my lightbar now

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jglandscaping, Mar 6, 2006.

1. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Lets see them grab my light bar now, gonna be a little harder:realmad: .

Picture 390.jpg
  2. jglandscaping

Another quick one.

Picture 391.jpg
  3. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Watch the bastards just unbolt the Back rack and take the whole set up.LOL

CJSLAWNSERVICE Senior Member

or take the truck! :realmad: good luck with the new set up, looks great!
  5. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

Doesn't matter what it is or how you store or secure it, If someone wants it bad enough they'll get it... at what price "who knows"

Looks good tho.

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I think I could get it off! :D
  7. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Someone could just walk up with a battery sawz-all and take it off. I like the setup. Did you flip the bar around, so that the take-downs are backup/bed lights? That is a very common thing.

8. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

doubtful, unless they know you.

But when someone steals something like a light bar or plow mounts it's usually spur of the moment or random.

THey need plow mounts and drive around until they see a truck with them, etc...

Nobody walks around with a sawzall looking for things to cut off trucks and steal.
  9. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

If they want it they'll get it and i know that there are people who carry more than just a sawzall if thats what they do for income think about it. I have had stuff stolen to and thought i was safe obviously i didn't think like a criminal, anyway your set up looks good.
  10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

forget preventing them from taking it it looks really cool i like it
  11. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Good idea, now they will have to steal the backrack and the light together!........Ummm... oh wait..:realmad:
  12. jglandscaping

OK guys, anyone can steal anything if they really want to, its more of a deterent. I didnt mean that it was completely theft resistent so relax guys. When mounting the light bar I also added 2 TIR3's in the light bar, looks really slick, I will try to get some pics of them on.
    My dad welded up the brakets to mount the lights on, I thought you guys would like to see some of the things we make in our garage....guess I wont share anymore:realmad: ....Just kidding
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  13. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

That is the setup that I want to do and the exact light bar that I want to put on my BackRack. I also want to add the rear facing lights and a set of amber strobes also. Looks good.
  14. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Awesome Bar!!!
  15. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Nice! I hope you will get to use it allot, arn't you selling this truck? If so, somones going to get a nice setup.
  16. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

yea hes sellin it, to me!! well, thats the plan!! Nice new backrack!
  17. jglandscaping

Backrack and Light arnt going with it unless they pay extra...I have to much money into it to let it goprsport and like it to much.
    Yaz- I think a nice patio with an outdoor kitchen would look really nice in your backyard with some raised beds and some out door lights, maybe even some outdoor speakers...you'll be the envy of the neighborhood:rolleyes: :salute: :dizzy:
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  18. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  19. jglandscaping

Didnt see the edge:rolleyes: ...how bout a putting green? then you'll be the envy...I know you want one too:nod: .HAHAHA
  20. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Not really into golf... I tried it but.. No thanks.
    If It was played it like Happy Gilmore then ya hoo, I'm in.

PS I cut my many beds buy hand about 6" deep at a slight angle. About 11 yards of much each year. One bed I used crushed stone, so about 9 this year. I used a guy about 1/2 mile down from Morin's in Hollis for my mulch.