1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lets see the lightbars!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

any from just full size strobe/rotating or LED etc.

Post links to your photo pages or link the pictures in this post. thanks

Is there anywhere online you can find used LED bars or arnt they common?

Ive researched a lot of them. Im pretty dead set on the Whelen Liberty LFL SX all amber. I know theres a lot of nice ones, similar ones and all but they all get pretty pricey.

This bar starts around $869 for JUST the 4 corner LEDs, add take down front lights and 4 more Amber LEDs and its around the $1350 mark.
  2. GrandScapes

GrandScapes Senior Member

Here is my Full Low Profile LED bar on my 07 Chevy. It is all amber with white front work lights and side lights. I love it. Hardly any wind resistance on the xway as it is just over an inch tall. We run the dual rotators on our fleet trucks and they work great. But the led bars are so low maintenance, you gotta love em!

Far away view

Close Ups
  3. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

try looking at awdirect.com they seem to have everything covered with the light bars. i tryed to post mine but it said that i already posted it in a different thread and i cant repost it. that sucks:mad:
  4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Just rename the file and you will be able to upload the pic again.
  5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

6. Omaha Plowboy

Omaha Plowboy Member

[​IMG] www.lightbars.net has killer deals on used equipment. Click on Misc Equipment tab, then click on Amber Beacons. They have Austin Electronic (Whelen) AdvantEdge Strobe 50" lightbars [​IMG] for $155.00 if I remember correctly. I would get one if I didn't already have a Federal Signal Jetsonic lightbar.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  7. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

federal signal streethawk all light option. used but come with all new lenses and worked perfectly. ebay for under 300 with a used control box.

upper is setup with lowspeed rotators in the outer spots. then both inners and center are high speed. lower is wig wags in outer front and rear. wook/flood in middles and left/right alleys. i like it basicly period correct for this style truck and has lots of options. the lighting is good to. she can light up the night good. only thing with the lift and tires in the truck i need to angle the alleys down a bit for more closer coverage.

painted plow 009.jpg

painted plow 008.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Here's my ecco dual rotator mini lightbar!

10. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

11. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

12. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

13. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

www.whackerusa.com has full-size LED bars for about $600. Includes mounting, alley lights, takedowns, and switch panel.
  14. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

the bar is a fed sig target tech 22" dual rotor 55w, I have different motor and drive gears for it to almost double the FPS but havent put it together yet. the dash deck lights are from Galls.com and cost 100 bucks each. and have 32 flashpatterns.
  15. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Here is mine.

Truck Pics 11-07 005.jpg
  16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

17. GrandScapes

GrandScapes Senior Member

Thanks! :salute:

I have always wanted another full bar since I had a full Whelen Edge strobe bar a few years ago on my 02 Chevy. I could just never justify spening the dollars though. I figured what the heck new truck, I gotta get a nice led bar. So I justified it! :)
  18. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That's a really nice bar. I like the older halogen bars. Here is my halogen Whelen Guardian. Best $120 I ever spent. It is very bright for a smaller cheaper bar.

19. DeereFarmer

On during the day. The picture doesn't do it justice.

20. DeereFarmer

At night. I highly suggest this bar for anyone that wants a cheaper magnetic mount.