1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lets see stuff youd.built, modified or fabricate.. ect

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by GMD1984, Jan 25, 2012.

1. GMD1984

GMD1984 Senior Member

let see pic's of plows, trucks, sander,beds, headache racks,and any thing else you've built, modified or fabricate!!! :mechanic:

2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

anyone ever break off a rear ram mount on a boss plow?
    this is how I fixed it after the 3rd time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

floors on my international
    looking back, makes me wonder how I this was a normal feasible task
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Here are some pics of a stainless steel sander platform I built a few years ago.

It went a long way to preserving the Iroquois dump body that is on the truck during the warmer months. It only takes about 4 hours to remove and store the dump body and then mount the platform and sander.

15a.jpg

15b.jpg

15c.jpg

15d.jpg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  5. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

I'm working on a new bumper for my '98 this week. Picked up a heavy bumper off an old Stahl utility bed for $40 (new Dodge bumper is $300). The old bumper was rusting away to nothing. Working on cutting it down, and patching it up. Gotta get the mounts worked out and paint. I'll try to remember to take some pics to put up when I get some paint on it.

6. Big Dog D

Here are some pictures of a truck that I built recently. I had the old 88 Inty S model since 97. I bought this 2006 Inty 7500 dump truck, we stretched the frame and moved the axel back 16''. We refurbed the 14ft dumping rack body we custom built back in 97 and then reinstalled it on the 06 7500. This is the 3rd cab and chassis that I have had this body on it's great for hauling mulch as I can get 22 yds on it, it will haul 10 yds of loam etc.. and with the side extensions she'll carry about 30 yds of snow.

With the exception of painting the cab we did everything else in house.

22a.jpg

22aa.jpg

22b.jpg

22c.jpg

22d.jpg

7. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Here's what I've got so far. Not much compared to some of these other projects, but it's what I'm working on now.

IMG00394-20120125-1417.jpg

8. Big Dog D

Here is my latest project. I picked up this 98 International 2554 with 110k on it. It has a mechanical DT466 in it and the cab and frme on it are solid in all the right places. So far I have sandblasted the front plow, wing plow and linkage, front plow frame, rear pintle plate, rewired the taillights and added reverse lights. This summer the plan is to get the frame, wheels, hubs etc... sand blasted and painted and will most likely paint the cab red and look for a 10yd V-box or and all season dump to replace the current dump-body.

Before pics....

25a.jpg

25b.jpg

25c.jpg

25d.jpg

9. Big Dog D

Here are some of the after pics....

This truck is one of the three that I run for Mass Highway. It has an 11 Everest plow with an 11 Everest wing-plow.

25f.jpg

25g.jpg

25h.jpg

25i.jpg

25j.jpg

10. Big Dog D

This is a picture of the 7500 in the above thread all outfitted with plow gear. I took it the day we had to go for our Ma Hwy seasonal pre-inspection back in October.

22 plow.jpg

11. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Nice lookin trucks, BigDog. Good work!

12. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Nice job on the projects /restorations..
    Big Dog have you put the trip shoes back on that Everest yet? It wont trip correctly without them.Too nice a blade to destroy...

13. Big Dog D

I haven't because MA Hwy doesn't want them but I'd like to put them on. Why won't it trip properly without them? We have only used the set-up once since I bought it in November and haven't had any issues but it was only for 8 hours and where they sent us there isn't anything to hit.

I'd love to have a valid reason to tell them why I need to run them.

14. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking trucks Mr Salmon.

Especially for a guy from Mass. ;)

15. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

All plows with that trip design

The shoes arnt designed to run on the ground.
    They should be adjusted about an inch to an inch and a half off of the ground so when the plow trips it sets on the shoes as it rides up the spring travel and rides on the shoes over whatever tripped it to begin with..
    Without the shoes to skid along on it trips only so far and then is riggid and something has to give at that point.
    I destroyed a Frink because I had no shoes and it wasnt able to trip as designed.I learned the hard way :)
    I am sure Madigans or Fairfields could explain it better...
    It only takes one funky catch and it could be twisted.....

lg touch 091.jpg

16. GMD1984

GMD1984 Senior Member

GREAT LOOKING PROJECTS!!!! i my self do a ton of this stuff but aways forget to snap some pic's lol . keep the pics coming !!!!!!!

17. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice trucks Big Dog....Why did you take the Dump body off the 7500 when you bought it? It looked fine in the first pic.

18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The head ache rack I built for my 2002 Chevy 1500. I also made a bed mat out of a conveyor belt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I built a drop rack for my 4-wheeler and my cousin built me an auger holder for ice fishing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

building this bumper for friends e-350 van.

main section 6" C-channel 3/16" thick.

sides and main faces 8" C-channel 1/2" thick

braced in back for corners . and lots more foot room in center step.

only sticks out 1.5" more than stock and hanges down 1" more than stock.

going to get black paint on expanded metal center that unbolts. then ford flat dark gray tinted spray on bedliner with light texture not chunky.

0118121635b.jpg

0120120918b.jpg

0120121642a.jpg

0123121719d.jpg

0126121616a.jpg