1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lets see some rear light/ lights setups on your trucks?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by toroplowman, Dec 27, 2011.

1. toroplowman

toroplowman Member

lets see some rear light/ lights setups on your trucks? amber lights, back up lights, back racks, light bars, interior lights. thanks
  2. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

3. toroplowman

toroplowman Member

wow nice i got a back rack and mini whelen light bar and some whelen ions i just got to hook them up
  4. rebert

rebert Senior Member

sound off 1400..

Picture 068.jpg
  5. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

The '99: Whelen Mini-Edge 9M with take-downs, which I mounted backwards to use as backup lights. They work all right, but I'd really love to convert the halogens to LEDs.

The '06: Buyers POS LED bar (that'll be gone soon....) and some Grote Halogen backup lights. They are actually pretty bright for what they are. My only complaint is I have a toolbox in my truck now and they reflect off the lid of the box and its a little annoying. Thats probably going to be the case with any light I put of there though.
  6. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

heres mine, i have 60 watt strobes in the turn signals and reverse lights, i just added the backup lights to the bumper. I have a backrac with maxxima self contained strobes also.

truck rear.jpg
  7. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

Do those happen to be the Rigid Industries LED Lights? I'm gussing there sound of 1400, but ive never heard of them. N e good?
  8. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

My experience with the takedowns on the 9m is that they just shoot too high and too far away to be of any use. I'd skip LED's and look for floods. If they were floods rather than spots they would be better IMO.
  9. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Sound off is the brand...
  10. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Here's a shot of the F550 salt truck with 5yd smith SS dual electric v-box. 4 35w HID's, 1 on either side of the chute, and 1 on either side of the v-box behind the cab. Turn's night into day! Thumbs Up Also have a whelen patriot (i think) mini strobe bar, and 4 TIR3's across the rear (you can barely see them above the "keep back when flashing" reflective decals). Got a new camera for Christmas so I'm going to do a walk-around of it one of these days...

11. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

HAHA sound off is the company, 1400 lumen lights, very nice. I have 2 rigid industries duallys i still need to wire up, but they are crazy bright when i hook them up. 1350 lumens, and bulletproof.
  12. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

Funny huh? I know who sound off is. :nod: I have one of there Strobe Boxes.

I was asking if they were as good as the Rigid Industries ones and if so are they cheaper?
  13. H&HPropertyMait

Oh gotcha my bad. But ughhhhh, they are over priced in my opinion, compared to the rigid industries duallys. i picked up a pair for 170 shipped. very happy with the light output need to mount them now.
  14. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

170.00 IMO is high too, but I guess if the sound offs are more then I'll pass lol. I seen some of the Rigids in action today at my buddies shop and I couldn't believe how bright they are. I'm going to get a set for back up lights. I tend to be blind when I back up sometimes.
    Whoops! :eek:

15. Evil PSD

Evil PSD Member

sound-off 1400 floods, whelen vertex in back ups

16. H&HPropertyMait

Ya get what you pay for.
  17. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Man those are BAD @$$! pretty dangerous if you forget and leave them on! AHAHHAHA! A cop would have a FIELD DAY!
    I dont think you have to worry about people staying back! Lol i would have fun with those lights! Someone following too close to your behind...I would go BAM! Flashed right in the eyes!
  18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The back up lights I have on my 2002 Chevy 1500. I need to get two strobes for it.

19. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Made this set up a few years ago. No more now I have a dump bed with almost the same set up.

20. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

here some cheap lights I had laying around, figure I'd put 'em to use and mount to the rack for the time being. I'm looking at getting the stadium lights Wiz has on his 550 set-up. Thumbs Up them r the cats azz:nod: