1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lets see some pictures of salter side extensions?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DuallySnoPusher, Feb 18, 2007.

1. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

Im looking to put extensions on my v-box and was wondering whats the best method and what looks the best.

Thanks

2. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

First off, will your sander handle extensions? Most sanders are bulit and rated for a certain size based on the componets used to deliver the sand to the spinner. By adding extensions you are over loading most sanders and asking for problems with componet failure.

3. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

The main reason that i want to add sides if to keep material in the salter better. Im tired of cleaning out my bed from salt spilling off the sides.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i built some with 1x8 lumber i put a few scraps of lumber on top of the screen to help reduce the weight on the chain and inverted V