1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Let's see some earthmoving equipment pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Dirtboy953B, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

Let's see some earth moving equipment pics,here are a few of mine.

2. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

Here are just a few

movin' dirt 009.jpg

equip 001.jpg

equip 002.jpg

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

pics of my backhoe working at my camp. my dad was trying it out because 2 hours into it I got bored. lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

Here's a few of mine....

stoddard job 060.jpg

november 13 010.jpg

5. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

7. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

It's a bucket wheel excavator that is used for large strip mining sites. I think it's the fastest & largest piece of mining equipment in the world. I am pretty sure they are built over sea's.

8. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

Yeah its for strip mining. The one shown is the 2nd largest in the world, the Bagger 288: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/Bagger-garzweiler.jpg there is a slightly bigger one out there by a company called MAN of germany. I think each tooth is like 12 cubic yards or something.

from wikipedia: The largest bucket-wheel excavators in the world are used in German strip-mining operations. These tremendous earth-movers can cost over $100 million, take 5 years to assemble, require 5 people to operate, weigh more than 13,000 short tons (12,000 t), and have a daily capacity of 240,000 short tons (220,000 t) of brown coal or m³ overburden. One of them, Bagger 288, is working in stripmine Garzweiler (Tagebau Garzweiler), and five others in stripmine Hambach (among them Bagger 293). Bagger 288 (the oldest, assembly completed in 1978) is 240 metres (790 ft) long and 96 metres (310 ft) high. Until 2001 it worked in Hambach, and then drove as a giant caterpillar vehicle to Garzweiler, a distance of 22 kilometres (14 mi) through the fields, crossing a few roads, a railroad, and a river. Bagger 293 (formerly RB293, manufactured by Tenova Takraf), the heaviest among these 240,000ers, was recognised by the Guinness Book of Records (2001–2006) as the largest and heaviest land vehicle.

it's been on modern marvels before.

9. homerpete

homerpete Member
    from Iowa

I wanna say I have seen that on tv.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

11. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

yea theres always a show woth them in it. there was one just a couple weeks ago that was called the top 10 machines i think.