1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Let's play..."NAME THAT PLOW"

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by nozzlehead, Jan 22, 2010.

1. nozzlehead

nozzlehead Junior Member
    from ne ohio

I have checked with Meyer, Western, & Hiniker. They all have no idea. So take a look at the photos & tell me if you know. OK, let me give some more info on this. I originally purchased a Meyer 7.5 plow. That's the reason for the pump. I used this setup for a year & decided I wanted something bigger. I found the blade (8') & sector unit on Ebay from a guy in New York. It was being sold as a Western. I could tell it was modified to fit a Meyer mount so I picked it up fairly cheap. When I got it, it had different rams on it. They were only I believe like 10" or 12" eye to eye collasped. Pretty short. They started leaking & the only place I could find that would rebuild them wanted $170 A PIECE to rebuild. So I picked up a pair of Meyer rams & changed the rear mount location. I recently changed the cutting edge on it. I took the dimensions for the bolt pattern up to Mill Supply in Cleveland & they had noting that came close to matching. So, Meyer edge & some drilling. The whole thing is pretty heavy duty. The guys that have looked at it are impressed but unable to say what it is. It needs a little TLC but it plows great. I'd just like to know what it is. Since it came out of NY, I have thought about it being an Artic. Thanks for the help.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It's a Frankenstein plow.

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

The pump looks like a Meyer.

4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

its not a boss

5. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

It looks as though it started life as a manually angled plow judging by the holes for pins. At some point it was converted to a hydraulic unit. Chris

6. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

My guess is Meyers A-frame, mount, light tower with a old western blade and custom painted lift chain:)

7. nozzlehead

nozzlehead Junior Member
    from ne ohio

Many companies still have these holes in their sectors. The Western Unimounts had them well into the mid to late 90's. Meyers ran them on their "C" series plows.

8. nozzlehead

nozzlehead Junior Member
    from ne ohio

From original post: "OK, let me give some more info on this. I originally purchased a Meyer 7.5 plow. That's the reason for the pump."

9. nozzlehead

nozzlehead Junior Member
    from ne ohio

From original post: "I could tell it was modified to fit a Meyer mount...". It's not a Meyer A-frame.

10. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

it might be a northman plow from the looks of it

11. Mister Plows

Mister Plows Junior Member

Could Possibly be an old Frink Plow

12. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Looks like it could be an old western and the a frame looks shortened

13. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Not Western.

But its driving me nuts, just havent had time to do any research on it yet. Thought Hiniker but the yellow paint showing through, if original color, rules that out.

14. nozzlehead

nozzlehead Junior Member
    from ne ohio

I have a Northman Plow. It hasn't been made for about 15yrs. I found a dealer in Co. who carried them until they went out of business. The owner there actually has the same one on his truck. If you go to "lets talk snow" and look under the same title you'll find some pics of another one some posted for me. Thanks guys.