1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lets hope

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DJ Contracting, Jan 7, 2007.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Well I just got off weather.com and they are calling for 1-2 of wet slushy stuff with a 90% chance starting at 6:00 PM, and I just looked outside my driveway is wet. like I said lets hope.

2. Snoflo

Snoflo Member

OR NOT! Maybe Next Time?

3. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Less than 2 inches last night. Didn't plow. Looking for more tonight. Maybe the total over two or three days will be enough to plow.

4. DJ Contracting

Just got a dusting, however I did go out and salt one of my Medical accounts, and if the sun doesn't dry up the parking lots then I'll be salting tonight.

5. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Question for Ya.

I'm not required to salt, nor have I ever salted a parking lot or a driveway. Like I said, we got under 2 inches of snow so I did not plow. My sidewalks still have a half inch on them. ( Plow sidewalks). Let's say we get another 2-3 or 4 inches or right around a trigger amount. I would probably be able to go out and plow in the morning.

Now, has it been your experence that in the same situation you would or would not be able to plow the next morning? Would the left over salt reduce that 2-3 or 4 inches to below your trigger amount?

If you didn't plow you would probably still be able to salt again. And with that area we are talking about, & I don't care about numbers, is it more profitable for you to plow 2-4 inches or salt both days?

Just curious. I'm glad you were able to do something and hope you can salt the hole thing later today.

6. DJ Contracting

It would be about the same however my trigger is 1" (comemercial) so I would have plowed and salted both events. I had noticed a pattern from the owners with a top of the shoe or two inch trigger, it seemed that thier shoe was taller than mine, so I switched.