1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Let's face it Northeast, it's never going to snow...

Discussion in 'Weather' started by mkwl, Jan 8, 2008.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

With a high of 67* F today, and really only rain in the forecast, I'm about ready to throw in the towel for the season. At least I got to plow 3x, paid for most of the cost of my plow. I guess I might as well clean up the plow and put it away for storage :cry::cry:.

I don't think we'll get any more plowable snow for the rest of this "winter." What do you guys think?

(I'm trying reverse psycology- anyone who has been on this forum for a few years knows this actually "worked" two seasons ago when I posted the same thing...snowed like 24" here about a week after posting- let's hope the same thing happens this year!:D:nod:)

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

still got 3 months of snow potential. Sometimes even april. We had snow last apr13th.

3. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Well maybe in NJ...Here in NH I expect to back into the white stuff soon...

4. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I sence that either Sunday night-Monday there might be something "plowable" payup

5. JetTruck

JetTruck Junior Member

Thanks to the NEW plows !

I told friends and family they have to pitch in, it's not snowing 'cause I bought a NEW plow...they owe us for the warm weather (NE)

6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yeah well- send it down here!:nod:

7. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

cant complain here its been a hell of a season so far!! Good time to catch up on some small jobs and maitnance.

8. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

This is only the beginning of January and this is the Northeast. Anything can happen. It gets very warm, and brutally cold. February can be a big month for snow. It's still early yet so keep your chins up.

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you count Buffalo Northeast the official total is 37 inched but it's closer to 55. It was 65 today 30's by the weekend

10. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

I'm glad for a little break. We have had about 35" of snow here in Pittsfield, and I plowed eight times so far this season. We will get more snow...

11. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

Yeah according to the Mad Man, it's looking promising thus far. But lets not get our hopes up just yet..........

12. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Its supposed to be cold again by next week and maybe a storm coming , winter isnt over yet....

13. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

warm is a good thing. it means big snow to come!

14. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

grandview, I gotta say, your snow plow season countdown clock could be a jinx. if its not, it's still depressing to me. lol.

15. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I agree, but maybe there is a method too his madness?

16. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

It was in the upper 40's today and will be getting a big dump in less than 48 hrs!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  17. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

I agree! And the warm weather melted a lot of my stacks so will be nice to have places to push the snow again!

18. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

yeah exactly. although i like the big stacks but they were getting a bit too big and unmanagable. now we can start over!:cry:

19. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Looks like the snow is comming Sunday Night into Monday! I'll take it!

20. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

I actually thought there was a bug on my screen! lol good one!