1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Let's face it Northeast, it's never going to snow...

Discussion in 'Weather' started by mkwl, Feb 6, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Well, for all of you guys in the Northeast (at least the tri-state area anyway), we might as well face the fact that it just isn't going to snow anymore this year. I mean, I haven't plowed in almost a month!:cry: Everytime there is a chance of snow in the forecast, it either goes out to sea, or turns to rain. I doubt it will snow significantly anymore this "winter." Or, with my luck, we'll get a blizzard while I'm out in Colorado skiing.:redbounce :rolleyes: Anyone else feeling the extreme frustration of the "winter that wasn't?" I want SNOW!!:cry:

2. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

the weather man call cold mid 30 to low 40 they say its a pattern change and thats not cold enough to snow

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You two should get along just fine...lol:rolleyes: :D :waving:

It's never giong to snow again:cry:

4. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

i dont even believe any of you that you are putting your stuff away and saying no more snow...

in fairfield we have been out 5 times this season plowing and then another 5 cleaning up condos and salting after storms, not to mention everything else is on contract so it doesnt matter snow or no snow...

sure i like to plow but getting all hissy saying its not going to snow isnt going to do anything.

Viper ill bet u that it snows again in CT ATLEAST once. its only FEB 6!

it snowed on thanksgiving and newyears eve...come on..lol its early.

5. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

Im hurting right now but i cant believe the people who just bought a snowmobile, contractors or someone that relies on the snow.I want to move to the snow belt soon:nod: :waving: .Its always good to have a goal.

6. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

Snow's over....&............

We're opening up the swimming pool next week...
    Put out all the patio furniture today, uncovered the air conditioner condensor on the side of the house.

All ready to go here in NY.
    New York....................
    A nice place to be a :gunsfiring: Weatherman.................

7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

snow fri sat sun here

8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Gotta look on the bright side spring mowing season will be a good one with all this rain :waving:

9. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

Strom fields

Storm Fields & Paul Cosen have said that there will be a Heat Wave blanketing Long Island for the next 14-21 days, temperatures are expected to reach well into the 90's. The elderly are cautioned for snow plowing lowballers attempting to collect on next year's snow contract pre-pays...

:jester: :eek:

10. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

For those of you with bad memories or may have been too young to remember, 28 years ago TODAY was the blizzard of 1978. Winter is not over yet. Just ask me or anyone who got through the blizzard. In our area, we got over 4 feet of snow within 24 hours!! Drifts were 9 feet high.

11. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I remember a few winters ago it snowed once that was worth plowing.

ONCE.............

12. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

They plowed my road with a Bulldozer to break it open.

13. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Well honestly Today was the first days in a loooooong time that it actually felt like a nice Winter Day here in South Central Connecticut. High was about 35 but the Wind was brutal making it feel like 20 or so, ,and that really sucked for me cause i was hanging duct Work in a New Construction House with wide open doorways and windows. Local NBC Website is saying no Big Snow in near future but it looks to be getting colder the next couple days!:rolleyes: Hopefully with the cold comes SNOWWWWW .. Remember Snow ?

14. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

we are not done yet...It will come and than we will be plowing 24 hours straight.:dizzy: payup

15. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Last couple years we've always seemed to have snow on or around President's Day. That's still 2 weeks away. Then there's always the first two-three weeks of March.

All the "BIGGIE'S" I remember have always been in Feb/March.

But the amount of moisture that HASN'T fallen as SNOW is just amazing. Any other year it'd be colder, and we'd be begging for a break to catch our breath.

I'm just glad for the Two in the beginning of December, and the Salting towards the end.

16. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

am i the only one that looked at the weather for this weekend?

17. Scottish Lscape

Scottish Lscape Member

We'll get 1 more before February is done! Just hope for no storms is March, so we can start spring clean-ups early.
    mkwl; nice set-up on the ATV, do you use it in the Spring, Summer & Fall as well.
    Enjoy the time off everyone! 60-75hrs weeks are just around the corner.

18. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

They're just saying flurries Fri and Sat night, right? Thats all I've heard.

19. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

whatever theyre saying its better than nothing

20. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

Any snow is great but anything plowable would make me smile.I didnt hear of anything happening major.Please prove me wrong.