1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lets Face It Boys!!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Snow Picasso, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

LETS FACE IT!!! THE WINTERS ARE GETTING WORSE AROUND HERE! ( CHICAGOLAND )SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE IS IN THE SAME BOAT! THERE'S GOTTA BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE WORLD! GLOBAL WARMING PERHAPS! ANYWAY, JUST SAW 2 VERY NICE PLOW TRUCKS FOR SALE IN THE MIDDLE OF JANUARY!!! THAT'S SOMETHING YOU DON'Y SEE EVERY DAY! GOTTA GET USED TO IT OR GET OUT OF IT! PRETTY SOON OAK STREET BEACH IS GOING TO BE THE SPRING BREAK HOT SPOT! YEE-HAW:redbounce :drinkup: :bluebounc

2. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Well here in Connecticut the last four out of five years have been above average years, especially last year. This year looks like above also, if it keeps up like the way it been going. Weird isn't it, most of the time the snow comes from you guys first.

3. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

in Michigan last year we had 110" this year they are predicting 55" total. the last plowable event we has was new years eve and it melted by newyears day all i've seen since then is rain.

Mark

4. Snow Picasso

Hey Rob, I remember as a kid playing football with my brothers every Thanskgiving in the snow. It would stay that way all winter! And I also remember the big storms coming thru and watching the news with my Dad and all they would talk about was how much snow the East Coast got from the same system! Now it seems like everything goes North or South of Chicago or it just evaporates in the atmosphere!!! I'm happy for you guys, but I'm ready to jump off of the roof! Ha:realmad:

5. Snow Picasso

55 inches would make me very HAPPY!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  6. GSE

GSE Senior Member

The less it snows, the more profit I make..... come on global warming! :eek:)

7. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Same here, please no snow.

8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I'll tell ya I had the best December ever but it's dead now, sent the bills out but no payup yet.

This does stink though :gunsfiring: no snow

9. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Ditto that here!

10. nekos

nekos Senior Member

it's just a typical chicago winter. lot's of freezing rain and no snow or lot's of 1/2' snow falls and nothing to plow. i think it was 98 or 99 we didn't get one snow fall the entire year. chicago area is the worst place to plow snow!
    salting is a different story though !!!payup payup payup

11. paponte

paponte Senior Member

God throw's a slow year in every once and a while to weed out the low ballers. It's good for business, keeps the prices up and gets rid of the garbage. payup

12. maxwell

maxwell Member
    from nw ohio

global warming??? we've had more snow in toledo in the past 5 years than in history.... relax its nly a dozen or so days into winter - the jet will change after about mlk day and things will normalize - the nice thing about big warm ups is that they bring wild swings when the cold does set back in - if the nao goes neg like it looks on the long range gfs we will all be happy in late jan

13. Snow Picasso

I like the way you think Max!!!! LET THE JET SET SO THE SNOW CAN FLOW!!! It's gotta nice ring to it!:redbounce purplebou :bluebounc :salute:

14. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

If u look back at weather patterns, everything goes in cycles. U'll get ur snow sooner or later. After what seems like 10 crappy winters here in MN, we are actually getting an average one!

15. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

I don't know what part of chicago your in but in NW Indiana we had 3 plowable events in december and at least that many salting events in december we are getting ready to send the salt trucks out again tonight payuppayuppayuppayup

16. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know what you're talking about...2nd snowiest on record here...over 30" so far.

17. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I live in mchenry county just NW of chicago. I plowed at least 5 times already. That was a december to remember. You must live south of chicago if you havent seen much snow.
    Wow, tornado warnings yesterday all over with the incredibly mild temps. They are talking snow thursday though.

18. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

19. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

prsport I knew that. LOL. Who started this thread back up?:help:

20. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Over the past year same problem. NO SNOW!

But I'm seasonal ,it's been a good year!