1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Let there be light.....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Killswitch, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

The stock Sabres are updated with Sylvania white bulbs and I installed a set of Hi Lite Daylighters as auxiliary lights.

Man they shine. I have them angled properly for saftey if I need to use them on the road and I know they may kick back some light in a storm but they really add a lot of good quality light.

100 bucks for the daylighters and 35 for the new bulbs in the stock lamps.

Trucklights 006.jpg

Trucklights 009.jpg

Trucklights 008.jpg

2. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 Member

Dang I bet those are bright! I have a set of lights mounted in my grill for extra light. But those look pretty good and i bet you can light up quite a bit at night.

3. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

WOW!!! those things must be mega bright, looks good:drinkup:

4. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Thanks guys. Just got tired of having poor light. Problem solved.

May add a second battery and will if its an issue. I already have a 100 amp alternator.

5. CTerrySGD

CTerrySGD Member

Did you run them off of the highbeams going to the plow lights or run a seperate line which is switched in your cab?

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I'd like to see a close up of them mounted on the plow upright.

Thanks

7. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

I switch everything on a separate quality switch and relay including the reverse lamps I installed.

Its pouring or Id snap a pick but they basically mouted right below (and as close as I could to the original lamps) on the downtube which is sortof an angle iron type deal 1/4" thick. I marked em up and drilled holes.

These lights come with a shock/rubber mount but have a metal cap at the end of that that provides a flat surface for mounting.

Theres a half inch shaft that connects it all and its fully adjustable in any direction like your plow lights.

Since I mounted them on the downtubes and they are at an angle I hade to move the actual lamp inside the housing to 90 degrees but that only took a few minutes as well.

Its a great system from KC Hilites for a hundy and that includes the wiring harness, relay, switch, all that.

If these sabres ever give me a problem, all Id have to do is take them off and move the good lamps to the top of the tower, or.....if any of you guys are thinking of upgrading...these are a great replacement light instead of the stock plowlights.

They are not road legal.....but who cares.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005