1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Let The Install Begin

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Redneck, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Here's the begining of my B-Link install the factory gm radio was removed and replaced with the controler and the "box" fit nice under the rear driver side back seat.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Beautiful nice job looks awsome

3. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Thanks! Once everything is permenent I plan to use loom on and exposed wires and trim out the controller, I couldent belive how good it fit only a limited amount of trimming.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Nice install!! I'm assuming you have a speaker running from there...where did you mount it? Any pics? You should make a video too running through all the Sirens and horns :) Hopefully joining volunteer FD soon...again, very nice clean install!

5. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

if you are gonna install alot of parts i would recomend mounting them to a piece of ply wood to keep the off the floor a little to keep water/moisture

6. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

I lifted it up a bit and screwed it to the rear pass kick panel Im hoping it should be alright there

Well fellas been working on the truck all day things are moving along nicely, after tucking and running wires all afternoon im starting to see the light ;) Lenses should be here early next week cant wait to get this Bad Boy mounted. Any suggestions on how to get the Bar mounted to the roof its a few inches narrower than my truck.

7. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Get the right strap kit for your truck.

8. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Would you by chance have any sort of connection for a mount kit?

9. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

is this the b-link blue was selling?....man i wanted to buy that....just can't do a bar just yet....

10. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Nope its not the one I have, check the for sale forum for the updated price on the one I have, and the new lower price and goodies. payup

I can get the price for a strap kit for you, I just need your year, make and model of which truck it's going on.

11. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the biggest draw back on the B-link/10,000 bar is they like a power and are known for burning out undesized fuse holders

12. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Hey Blue

Its a 92 Chev K1500 ext cab let me know what you can do for me .

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  13. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I like the Starmate installed in the ash tray lol

14. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Is the box in pic 3 just for the siren/speaker? You don't need that to run the bar right? can you get a pic of how you fuse the bar power cable to the batt. for me? thanks

nick

15. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

You have to install the box because it has something to do with controlling the bar, the sheilded cable from the control head goes to the amp then to the bar, as for a fuse im thinking a large inline fuse im going to find out what size it should be