1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Let"s stand together

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jack_Frost, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost Senior Member
    from Montana

Originally Posted by grandview View Post
    I think a lot of you guys are baking up the wrong tree. You need to start writing /calling/emailing the companies they are representing and let them know what is going on. They may think all is good because they send out 1 big check to these guys and may not know they are sticking to plow companies some of them are not even trying to collect and write it off as a loss and lesson.I'm sure Walgreens and any other national chain CEO starts to get couple hundred messages as to what's going on,things might charge,or not.
    Great point ! Lets start a writing campaign ,, NOT kidding " I would love to find all the address of all the national comp and everyone with real problems express them to the C E O's how we are handled " abused " and payments , I know for a fact large comp like wall-mart and target all the rest monitor twitter ,, and we can get everyone talking real time about the facts I am sure the big box stores would do the right thing ,, no butty wants a black eye about how sub contractors are treated ,, working in there behalf for public safety if you think this would help and a good idea ,, lets start a form hear and not just talk, lets get moving forward, lets expose the problems we have in real time ,, and get the large companies to know what happens ,, I really think they will help us get treated better as they don't want that on there name, if anyone can help get this moving forward I would love the help

2. Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost Senior Member
    from Montana

we have made it are rule if any national provider calls and needs service ,, wel will not do it! with out a C Card , up front and we run it before we go do the work ! we bid very high for being the "go to guy" they cry about it but always call back ,,,, you all should do the same never ever take the work "check is in the mail" we treat em all as if they have bed credit ,,,,,,

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Lets see where this goes...

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Until they/us unionize us, they will always be able to cut the weak from the herd.

5. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

So you are frustrated with Capitalism ? business is business . one mans trash is another mans treasure . but your headed in the right direction with good intent here. its called a boycott. just refuse to purchase the bigbox stores products (if you can )

eventually theres going to be a cvs , walmart ,lowes or any other national store , with an unassigned snow removal contractor . but fear not . thats when the ferrandinos of the world will HAVE to agree to the Contractors terms and numbers to meet their contractual requirements.

BUT THAT DOES NOT GUARANTEE PAYMENT EITHER. its a dog eat dog corperate world . like I was told long ago , if you cant take the heat , get out of the kitchen .

6. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

love it! personally cant do much as i only work with one national company and they have never stiffed us. but if we got a petition going or something id support it. it is ridiculous to hear that its july and someone is still owed 40,000 for work done 6 months ago

7. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe you guys down south need to look at whats different up North, cause we got nationals, yes they try to lowball, but thats their job kinda, but we always get payed, unless a co goes bankrupt, which happend to me 1 time. IDK what the diff is, but rarely do I hear about a national stiffing a contractor up here for snow removal.

8. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

your fortunate enough not to have that taste put in your mouth . brokers are noted for boning a contractor . for any way possible . it is their job to separate you from your pay.

9. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

Like anything weather it be minimum wage or minimal that a company will work for if someone is willing to accept the job/contract business will continue as usual. On the other hand you can pay more and get the same slopy service too.

10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Ah, the word "union"...,to political for many

Boycott the NSP's......

11. Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost Senior Member
    from Montana

when it come to being able to sue , I think if enough of us singed on we would have a "class action" case it would be "big big bucks " so I am sure not hard to find a top firm to take the case ,,, as I said before we all stand together call out whats being done and how much abuse is done systematically , it would be pretty easy to prove ,, and once again I feel most the CEO's would be surprised how much abuse to the service / safety provider and would prob side with us if it was to get out to social Medea

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I agree, but without it no one is going to stand together.

You can boycott them and the next guy will just pick up the work.