1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson's learned last night

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by flykelley, Mar 2, 2005.

1. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Ok Guy's
    Here is my tip for the day. DO NOT HAVE YOUR WINDOW ROLLED DOWN AND HAVE THE TRUCK FACING A SLOPPY WET ROAD. Yes you guessed right I was tucking the corner's to a lot and traffic was coming up behind me so I pulled into the entrance to wait for traffic. Looking out the window into the mirror waiting for traffic to clear and then it happened. Yes a whole lot of wet sloppy, saltie snow was now in my lap and the whole inside of my truck, dash, windshield, my face, the dash. What a mess, so I pulled into the lot cleaned up the best I could and went on and finished all of my customer's lot's. All I could do was laugh and clean myself up. By the way saltie wet snow doesn't taste real good. :nod:
    So that's my lesson of the day. Does anyone else have anything to share? Man I'm tired it's been a long two day's going to take a nap.

Regard's Mike
  2. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Hey Mike,

Ive ALMOST done that a few times. If youve been going 2 days, I think the $$$$ is there to make it worth while.

Just consider it a BAD Margarita(no tokillya) and laugh all the way to the bank.

Cause here in Chciago, havent seen the nickels fallin from the sky in over a month.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I've got a couple of places where I back up and get low snow-filled tree branches in the window - which is usually open. Although I would prefer the snow to salty slush. :(
  4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I've caught a couple branches across the forehead.....

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I rarely even plow with my window down.
  6. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

You're certainly a good sport for telling us about it I have to say. Well, I guess if we can't make fun of ourselves.....

The closest I have is like Mick said, the sagging branches. I had a lap full of snow myself courtesy of that, but it was a small lapful and I just brushed it away. I didn't stop to taste it but since it was from a pine I'm sure it was good :p
  7. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I went to pull out of a driveway on to a highway. The driveway was lined with bushes. Had the window down and the radio on. Never hear or seen the state DOT truck coming at 40 MPH. Got a face and cab full of sloppy wet slush. Boy did that knock some sense into me. OUCH
  8. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

just a wake up

If any jockey has not had this happen to him he must not be working hard its worse when your own guys gets ya and just smiles as he drives past ya. This happens just about the time your getting punchy and need a break and a good joke then the radios just start with the bashing so its pretty funny for the other guys so it wakes you up and you stretch your legs for a few. I put the window gards on now to limit the amount and only try to crack the window but those guys still try to get me :nono:
  9. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

A couple times while plowing sloppy storms like you, I'll have the window down and I'll be throwing the water and slush so far that it comes back and through the window all over you. Not fun :nono: