1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Less than helpful Sales Rep

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Dstosh, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I purchased two walk behind spreaders off ebay from Mill Supply in ohio about 6 weeks ago.

Put one together and it seemed to work and roll fine. Until it broke 5 minutes into using it spreading material.

Put other one together and the drive gear(p/n 3012680) and the bushing (I'm not sure if this is the right thing but the parts diagram doesn't quite break it down all the way) I think it is P/N 3012692. They aren't meshing together allowing for the spreader to roll.

I went to my local dealer to try to BUY new parts. Or at least explain the situation to them and see if they had any advice. I made it clear to them that I didn't buy the spreaders from them, but they seemed more than willing to help. They told me that the buyers rep was gonna actually going to be there that day.

Great I thought to myself. I can talk to the rep, get it straightened out and get some new parts on the way.

Well after talking to the sales rep for two seconds, I could tell he had no interest in helping me.

He went on a tangent telling me that I should have never bought these on the Internet. Now I am all for supporting the local guy,I guess I am just an Idiot for thinking that something so simple like a walk behind spreader I would need dealer support on.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but regardless of the dealer, shouldn't the rep have to stand behind the product?

The rep really rubbed me the wrong way-Obviously he didn't care about me and his arrogant cocky attitude gives Buyers and salt dogg a bad name.

I guess the one year warranty on manufacture's defects doesnt apply if you buy it on line.

Pretty disappointed.

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I feel your pain and hope you get thet worked out

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We stock repair parts for the salt dog walk behinds if you need somthing call Kim 8884482464. Sorry I can not warranty it unless you bring it to me along with a sales receipt.

Have you tried Buyers direct?