1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lesco Spreaders?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Tony Clifton, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton Junior Member

Do any of you guys have any input regarding Lesco tailgate spreaders?
    I am in a location where snow/ice events are very rare so Lesco is the only dealer around. I know I can order something but wanted to get your input, and how do the prices compare. I just got a contract on 25-30 banks/pharmacies, the money will be great but investing in equipment is a gamble. It could sit for a couple of years without use. I am still debating on whether or not to use strictly push spreaders, but it seems like we would be much more effecient with a tailgate spreader, and 1 crew with push spreaders.

2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

The Lesco spreaders are made by Snow Ex. From what I here there a good spreader for the money. Since you would buy it from Lesco you will get Zero service after the sale you should just shop online and save some bucks. I just bought a Buyer spreader to mount on a skid loader for sidewalks. Lesco wanted $1400 and I paid $749 plus $120 for the reese hitch set up.
    Whith that many locations i would for sure get a truck mounted spreader
    Just my 2 cents

3. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Thats not necessarily true. Our service center in Ypsilanti Michigan has a great Manager....Tom Horn, and while they may not do large repairs they are extremely responsive and very helpful.

I have never bought a piece of lesco equipment lately that would fall into a large equipment catagory, but the smaller items I have bought and had a problem with theyve helped a lot.

I also have to believe on larger gear they have an arrangement with someone locally that does their warranty work.

Like a cub cadet dealer or something.

4. FIREDUDE26

FIREDUDE26 Member

lesco spreader

I have had a tailgate spreader from lesco it holds like 350 lbs. i have had it going on 5th year. i have had not one problem that wasnt my own fault,( leaving salt in it to long and it getting hard) other than that no mechanical problems what so ever. I have bought equipment from the local lesco store in Taylor and i get great service if i have a problem. If you keep it clean it will last.............

5. Superior L & L

from MI

6. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Lesco here in Indy subs all there work out.They no longer do service in store.IMO and mine only.Lesco spreaders salt and fertilizer are awesome.There mowers are complete junk yes I said JUNK. To rate there in house service when they did have it scale of 1 - 10 a strong 2.

RCGM
    Brad

7. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

They are green cub cadet mowers.

And reasonably priced. You get what you pay for and that includes a service dept I guess.

8. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton Junior Member

Thanks for the replies. So maybe my next question should be: Who else uses a Buyers? They seem to be priced right, but will it hold up? $650 sounds good, but I want to make sure I buy something that will last. Keep in mind it will be used sporadically.

9. Superior L & L

from MI

i would think you could get 4 good years of service out of the spreader. The way your talking you will probably get 6-8 years as long as you do some realy basic maint.
    my 2 cents

10. FIREDUDE26

FIREDUDE26 Member

Lasting use

If you keep it clean and stored right it could last a long time. All the parts on them are replacable so you can buy parts. You can get the buyers at a good price.

11. Superior L & L

from MI

Yep 2 is all they get from me also. Now i say that and i have never had a lesco mower(but this is why). Our center was trying to sell a walk behind for about $1600 that retailed for over $3000.00 (cleaning shop) and i still would not buy it