1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lesco ice melt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DRP Mowing, Sep 29, 2004.

1. DRP Mowing

DRP Mowing Junior Member

has anyone used Lesco ice melt and if so how is it. My dealer called me today and told me about a special they are running. I can get A bag for around $7.30. the more you buy the less it is.
  2. 2wheelrider

2wheelrider Junior Member
    from NJ

What kind of ice melt is it? Rock Salt? Calcium? Magnesium?
  3. DRP Mowing

DRP Mowing Junior Member

calcium cloride. sorry. Thats the name brand he gave me. I looked it up on there site.

from SE PA

It is a good product, Ok coverage, at an all right price! They have lesco #1 and #2 each have there own blend! We only use them in a pinch! They always have product in stock(price)!!!
  5. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I would double check on the quality of that product. Also I think it must be a blend for that item. They are predicting a sever shortage this year of calcium chloride.I usually sell about 22-30 trailers a season. I can not even buy it that cheap direct from dow..Just some thoughts.