1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lesco ice block (liquid)

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by LI landscaping, Jan 6, 2005.

1. LI landscaping

LI landscaping Junior Member
    from NY

Tried some lesco liquid ice block for the first time. My biggest concern was that of over or under applying so I pre treated three spots on a private road plus I treated one area lightly with straight salt.

I have to say I was extremely disappointed in the liquid. I awoke to 1.5 inches of snow on the ground and there was no noticeable burn off. The lightly salted area was showing signs of meltdown.

I thought maybe all was not lost, that maybe the snow would scrape from the road clean when plowed. Once again extreme disappointment. The lightly salted area was clean the lesco ice block area shown no sign of treatment.

What have your experiences been? I have done a search and read the posts but I was hoping to hear more first hand experiences.

I applied the ice block and salt over a dusting of snow. Not sure if that makes a difference. I applied it at rates that would seem sufficient ( slight puddles in 2 of the test areas)

Any suggestions or advice.