1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lesco/deere Landscapes?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Rangerman, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Has anyone else been severly disappointed by lesco's entire package lately? We love their fert. but this first snow storm in indy was a flop for everything lesco. They sold two pallets of salt out from under us and have been late getting more in. To add to things today i had a lesco mini load spreader control go bad and what a surprise no parts in stock once again. Is any one else having mixed feelings about the merger.

2. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

Lesco....Such a shame. I'm going to miss them.

3. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

Same Here, Seems There Out Of Salt Again!! And Were Having An Ice Storm Tonight...maybe John Deere Should Leave The Salt To The Big Boys...i Had To Drive 1,5 Hrs To Chicago And Buy It From Russo Power Equipment Who Always Keeps At Least 1,000 Pallets On Hand

4. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Parts wise lesco has always sucked! I would never buy a mower from them. I think the salter are made by Snow ex so you can get that stuff all over the place. We must be lucky cos we have 2 great lesco reps that stop by all the time to see if we need anything delivered. Our John deere people are top notch also. Now that they are one they have to be my top supplier based on service, price and quality.

5. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

dont get me wrong are reps are great too i think this is coming from higher up. I just came from lowes and talked to them about salt he had plenty on hand and more coming tonight. $.20 more a bag than lesco but a least it is there with another 1-2 in the forecast and more sat. and sun. but the weather man wont' admit to how much a little might be

6. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

hahaha hey travis,russo sold completely out of baged salt the day of that ice storm I think everyone in chicagoland is out of salt! im hearing friday or saturday before anyone gets it in

7. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

Ya, i called him that day and he shut his shop down at lunch cuz he had like 300 customers in to buy salt, they sold 3,000 skids in like 4 hrs. He got a load in the other day and tried to jack his price up to 4.00/ 50lb bag. I told him he was price gouging and he tried to blame it on the shipping cost. So i closed my account and told him the next time i stop in im gonna beat his arse sensless. Nothing ticks me off more than people trying to take advantage of contractors...so i called lesco back, got the trucking companys name and then called mortons, orderd a truck load and got it the other day, so screw them all....

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

john deere

I have a great relationship with my JD dealer. We are a small company, but we have bought the most salt from them the last few years at there location and they always keep a few pallets to the side for us when they start to get low, even if we had not called them yet. they know we are going to call sometime and I ask for it and they always have it. Even when I have gotten some bad bags of salt they always say bring it back and give me a whole new pallet for free, even if i have used 10 or 15 bags already. :waving:

9. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Lesco has always sucked when it came to parts. I needed a sprayer wand one time nope we have to order it bu they had 25 sprayers:dizzy:

When it come to salt each Lesco dealer gets about 8 skids of salt LOL.If it wasn't for there fertilizer I would never step foot into there stores.

RCGM
    brad

10. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Yes do yourself a favor and set up a different account than Lesco for ice melt and rock salt, they just plain suc$. They obviously do not take that part of their business seriously.