1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LEO Snowplows?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Wesley's Lawn, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Hi guys I was just wondering how many of you have heard of them. Now its mostly going to be MN guys if any cause there builts in ST Paul by Truck Utillities. I know they have a few places in other states but dont know if they make em out of state.
    They are kinda similar to fisher but I think they are built better then any other plow. They are just built like tanks, They come with 2" rams standard and the curve on them arent even matched except by fisher when they add their foil but its still better. Now i have to older westerns and when you look at the two side by side you can tell the difference, The westerns look like toys. Now the one I have is an 86 and i dont know the current stats on them today but my whole assembly in all comes in at 1200 lbs. Their lift frames arent like minute mounts they stay on permently and the weld them to the frame.

2. Wesley's Lawn

Here are some pics.

plow 1.jpg

3. Wesley's Lawn

4. Wesley's Lawn

A Frame, Rams, Hoop

rams a frame.jpg

5. Wesley's Lawn

Plow Curve

plow curve.jpg

6. Wesley's Lawn

7. Wesley's Lawn

Pump, Its nice havening it under the hood ulike the westerns when its real cold they dont work as well the leo is kept warm by the engine heat.

pump.jpg

8. Wesley's Lawn

Lift Frame

lift frame.jpg

9. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

nice plow but that trip design sucks B****.looks like two you know whats hanging there

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I like the way the hitch pins work. How does the lever latch?

11. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

No offense, but the whole setup looks odd to me and like someone else said, the trip design looks lousy. Ill stick with my Western. Mike

12. Wesley's Lawn

Pelican The lever swings over and then theres like a little holder that u can stick a cotter pin through to hold the lever down il take a pic of it tommorow and also the end plates that i have for it. Too bad i have no snow for it to use.

13. Wesley's Lawn

Ha you guys can rage on it all you want but untill you use it you dont know what u tlaking about that thing can take a hole sh*t load of abuse andwith the two westerns we have throught that holloween blizard the westers keep breakin and the leo just kept pn going. And the trip design isnt as bad as you say it is you have to try it and see for yourself.

14. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

trip design looks like two P******! no thanks i'll keep my broken westerns

MIKE97
    my names MIKE also so you just know lol lol

15. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I kind of figured it was. :drinkup: This guy seems to love his odd looking plow. I dont care how strong it is, never heard of it and I dont use stuff I never heard of and no one else around here has or even works on it. Where can you get parts? Are parts as easy to get for that as it is to get for Western, Fisher, and Meyer. Oh man, cant believe I said that M word, lol. Mike ;)

16. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Looks like a pretty tough plow to me, I'd love to see it in action and wouldn't dare make a comment about its ability until I've seen it at work or tried it myself:) . No, we don't have them in Canada, but we do have Molsons.:D

17. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Not that you were talking to me, but I wasnt knocking its ability, I was just saying it looks odd and I wouldnt use one for the simple fact that I never heard of it. If he likes it, that great, I like my Western. Whatever makes you happy, thats what you do. :cool: Mike

18. Wesley's Lawn

Lol well of course you havent heard of it like i explained im my first post on this topic its only made in MN now and you can only get parts from the dealer in MN, I understand why you wouldnt use it but it is a great plow and the next one I buy will be a LEO. Yes I love my odd lookin plow and I keep seeing more and more of them on new trucks but hey it works and i wasnt tryin to say u should go out and buy one I was just making it knowen lol.

19. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Talking to no one specifically, It just seemed as though his plow was being dissed (?) a bit, of course you're right about the service backup. You've got to admit the sucker "looks" tough, but if they haven' gone beyond MN I would wonder why. Is it snowing in NJ or do you suffer from insomnia :) :) :) . 10:30 here on the west coast, raining:mad:

20. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

i think the blade and A frame are awsome.but not those dong springs.at least get some bigger ones like the 1 ton 8ft flink plows have.