1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lenghten wire to attach to joystick and add plug

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bkeast17, Nov 9, 2007.

1. bkeast17

bkeast17 Junior Member

I have a 6.5ft speedcast for a 91 Wrangler, The previous owner cut the cable to pull it through the firewall from the joystick. I bought a new joystick that has the white plastic female connector on the bottom with the 6 pins in it. I have the cable from the electonic box on the plow pump that runs to the joystick but it is obviously too short and does not have the male connector end. Can I add wire onto this and add a male connector? Where can I find these connectors? Is there a diagram online that shows what each wire does? I only have 5 wires on the plow side-no red wire and the joystick has 6 wires. Thanks

2. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

3. bkeast17

bkeast17 Junior Member

Can you tell me what gauge the wires going to the joystick are? Does the 6-pin replacement connecter have wires off of it that I can solder to? The 12v key source for the joystick where does that usually get spliced from?