1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leisure TIme Snow Removal

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Cutter1, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

A few shop pics. Hasn't snowed that much later, getting a little bored.

back plow.jpg
  2. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

You have a gas pump at your work/ yard?
  3. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

I have two now, one for off road diesel, one for gasoline. Use for the mowers, had some left over so was using it up. I don't like it too sit long. I would like to get a 1000 gallon for the trucks so I can run through another filter since I go through so many fuel filters no with the new diesel fuel
  4. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Oh thats cool! Yeah i hate the dirty look we get in the morning from other gas station customers while we're filling up our mowers and other gas cans!
  5. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

We fill up at the end of the day. Less time, guys want to get home. Have it wired too a timer inside the shop, can't pump it unledd timer is on and they don't forget too turn the pump off.Stopping at the gas station was costing me too much. Coffee, sandwiches, ********. Now no stopping during the day, bring your lunch.
  6. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

what brand is that back-blade? That looks sweet!
  7. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

i like the back blade aswell
  8. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

Hey nice shop. I seen one of your trucks at Murray auto electric last week when I buying some stuff.
    Did you ever sell your dump or is that the one in the first pic?

Good luck this year.
  9. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Yeah. The time adds up.
  10. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

I still have the dump, didn't want to put out the money for a new one so I kept it. Replacing it was around 72k. I was at Murray getting a hydraulic line for a skid loader I think. I'm always there. :) THe back blade is a snowman I think?? It works great the guys love it, We pull out the drives at a bunch of condos and then push it with the other truck down the street.
  11. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Give em' a dirty look back. Doing this job, I've long since stopped caring what other people thought. I also have to agree with the below statement of the gas station taking time. And then you got the who stops there even when he's expected on a job and does not have to fill up.
  12. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

Its worked out good. They pull in right up to the pump. They have a check list to go through. Check oil in trucks mowers, fill up, tire pressure. There is a dumpster right there for all there crap in the truck. Back the trailer inside and its ready for the next day.
  13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice, Man your probably he only guy in pittsburgh with a back blade! Kinda slow this year just alot of salting here. That is a nice shop I keep an eye out for your trucks but I dont think your over this way too much
  14. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

I get more people asking me about the back blade. Just can't understand it. Kind of funny. I don't go out my area too much. Unless your east you won't see me.
  15. deere615

Yeah Thats wht I figured I know all about them because I read about them on here but have yet to see one in pittsburgh. Yeah nether do I unless I have to travel out that way for a part or something
  16. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

I'll take salt runs all year long!!!
  17. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

Very nice pics same here not much snow this year in Erie only like 20 inches in the city last year we got dumped on the lake is freezing up so dont know how much longer lake effect snow will be around. this week no snow temps by the end in the upper 40 good luck with your season.
  18. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

Suppose to be 50 degrees and rain saturday here. Of course, I have winter classic tickets. :) I thought the lake would be frozen by now with the cold december.
  19. PGHplowguy

PGHplowguy Senior Member

I work all around Pittsburgh. I agree.. I have never seen another truck with the back blade. I also have condos. How efficient is it? Do you use it for anything else other then parking spots?

This weather is garbage. I swear in the past 3 years every time we hit 40-50 in the winter it rains a quarter inch at least. Money flying out of my wallet.
  20. deere615

Just think last year we had a warmup for 3weeks in January, and then Febuary came!Thumbs Up