1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leftover Bulk Salt for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Quality1, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Quality1

Quality1 Member

We have about 500 ton of bulk rock salt in Western Michigan. We can deliver tractor train loads of it to your site if interested. Please call Darin at 231-893-8812 for any questions. Price is determined by distance from our site. Minimum delviery of 25 tons.

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Man I hope you are a sponsor or you will get deleted.

Good Luck Mike

3. Quality1

Quality1 Member

Not a sponsor just a larger snow company that has some salt that we are not going to use this winter. Already dealt with a mod on this matter.

4. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

Where are you located? How much per ton? We have our own trains so we can pick it up ourselves.

5. Quality1

Quality1 Member

We are located in the Muskegon area- Salt can be picked up but certain minimum loads would be needed. Please call Darin if interested in figuring out a picked up price- Should be around 135-140 per ton but would depend on how much you are getting.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

OK, have to ask, how is it you know you have extra salt as it's only Jan 6?

7. TheXpress2002

TheXpress2002 2000 Club Member
    from Canton

LMAO.....I thought the exact same thing yesterday when I came across this thread

8. Quality1

Quality1 Member

Bill Steffen.........................J,K. We were very prepared this winter and we made sure that we had more then enough salt secured for this winter. Now it is time to try to sell some of it to those that are running out.

9. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

WOW.... We get salt from the "Muskegon area" but at about half of your price. So, I guess thanks but no thanks. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your price/minimum quantity? Is the 135-140 per ton for someone that shows up with a tailgate spreader or something? We have "Super Trains" that can haul about 56 ton. Is there a different price structure you have according to quantity?

10. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

pre order it at a cheaper price then make money buy selling it high when the supply is low for thoes who have the money and space it is a smart idea i sell small quanities to guys who cant either store it or dont have a machine to load it i get it for $82 a ton and sell it for $130 a bucket app 1 yard

11. Quality1

Quality1 Member

Congrats on the half price in Muskegon. If you are getting it for 67,00 a ton in Muskegon picked up please send me over the number because we will take some right now. Let me know where asap.

12. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

I think I said "about half price". So is it fair to say $72 is about half of $140? Again, thanks but no thanks.

13. Quality1

Quality1 Member

Got a number? Do they have any extra to buy at that price?

14. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

No, there is not any extra. That is why I replied to your thread.

15. Quality1

Quality1 Member

Oh. Ok well that makes sense. Good luck this winter!

16. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

10-4, you too!

17. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

Geez $140 per ton I just got 25 ton for 100.00 per ton delivered to our shop and I thought that was allot!

18. Elite Building

Elite Building Junior Member

The guy is simply trying to sell some salt, he was not asking your opinion on the price if you dont like the price move on. Its simple supply and demand!

19. Quality1

Quality1 Member

bump- 200 ton left

20. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

odd

funny you just said you have too much salt, and you were trying to sell some to people who are running low, now you want to by more salt and jack the price up to make a killin??? its contractors like you that drive up salt pricing and take profits out of our pockets...good luck with the scam