1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leftover baggd rock salt 50lb bags

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Lawn 'N' Order, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Lawn 'N' Order

Lawn 'N' Order Member
    from IL

I have 3 pallets of ice away bagged rock salt for sale. I bought to much this past fall anticipating an account that would need a lot of salt and it turns out that they are trying to save money by not doing salt applications anymore.
    I believe the going price right now is $5.50 - $6.00/bag. I am willing to sell it for $5.25/bag. I believe there are 49 bags on a pallet. None of the salt is hard, all of it is still shrink wrapped and also covered with 2 tarps. Any questions please ask.

Thank you,
    Chris

2. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Chris,

Where is Illinois are you located? I am near Davenport. I may be interested in your salt.

Ryan

3. Lawn 'N' Order

Lawn 'N' Order Member
    from IL

Ryan,
    I am located in New Lenox, zip code 60451
    I did a map quest quick search and I am about 150 miles away.

Let me know,
    Chris

4. Lawn 'N' Order

Lawn 'N' Order Member
    from IL

****bump****

5. Lawn 'N' Order

Lawn 'N' Order Member
    from IL

****Bump Bump

6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Wow...We're still getting it cheaper than that here BEFORE a pallet price. You guys must have had some hard prices down there this year.

7. Lawn 'N' Order

Lawn 'N' Order Member
    from IL

Yeah it has been really rough! At the beginning of jan you couldn't find any bagged salt anywhere! Which in turn jacked the prices even higher!

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

are prices never went over $4 a bag here in cleveland. I mean we have a salt mine about 3 miles from my house. so maybe that had something to do with it. Good luck free bump for having to pay that much in the first place.

9. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

The nost that i have paid this season is $4.38 a bag per skid. i have never had any problems getting salt this year.

10. Lawn 'N' Order

Lawn 'N' Order Member
    from IL

The first batch that i bought i paid 4.50/bag per skid that was back in November. After we had that bad ice storm in Dec when everyone had to put salt down...salt became hard to get and when i went to Mid Am in Jan i talked to Russo's and they had to bad there own salt because they nor anyone else could get bagged salt! It has changed now but still up North here prices are still sky high.

11. Lawn 'N' Order

Lawn 'N' Order Member
    from IL

Still for sale!!!

12. Lawn 'N' Order

Lawn 'N' Order Member
    from IL

****bump****