1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

left wing not coming back

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rblake, Dec 17, 2007.

1. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

last weeks snow, my old rt2 left wing would not come back. i replaced the cartridge and cleaned one of the relief valves. It worked fine untill last weekends snow. i can get the plow to come back if i apply pressure to the wing while holding down the toggle. We change the oil every year.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

First your need to determine if it's a hydraulic problem or a mechanical problem holding the wing forward...

First, extend the wing and then slightly loosen the wing hose at the fitting on the manifold until fluid starts to leak out. Does the wing retract as the fluid is escaping?

If not then either the packing is sticking in the wing cylinder or the center hinge is dry and needs greased.

If after loosening the fitting it does retract, then the retract valve for that wing is either not opening up fully, or it's plugged up with debis...

Pull the valve out and give it another cleaning and see if it starts to work again...

3. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

thanks, i will try it tomorrow

4. jrglandscape

jrglandscape Member

check the ground strap on the wings valve. It should be either the green or red/black wired one. Mine lost ground and did the same thing. 3/4 nut a little sand paper and back in business.

5. slclawn

slclawn Member
    from IN

Check and make sure the return spring is not broken boss has springs that pull the wing back i have broken two so fare in four years.