1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Left & right

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by digman, Dec 12, 2015.

1. digman

digman Junior Member

Hello folks.. I'll get right to the point. My Western plow worked fine last winter. It has set all summer. Hooked it up yesterday and the problem I am having is, Won't turn left or right. When I move control lever to left plow raises. goes up down fine. I've checked everything and haven't replaced anything. The 9-pin truck side harness should be replace and that is the next move I'll make. I read somewhere here that the truck side 9-pin harness has nothing to do with the plows up, down, left or right movements. Is this true.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well it would help if you stated what model western, and type it is.
  3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Ha !

Of all people on these boards, I could have sworn you were clairvoyant. You really disappointed me:D
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

My ESPN ain't working today.
  5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Ya but yur supposed to no what I need!
  6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I once had a friend ask me this same question over the phone... when I was done plowing I drove 20 miles to his place and found he had hooked his side ram hoses to each other instead to the pump and motor...
  7. digman

digman Junior Member

Thanks. I haven't changed any hoses..
  8. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

We all need to know what we are working with to help here cheif.

There are tons of different western plows and all of them are different in the way that they operate and are controlled.

Give us a chance to help and clue us in on what were working with.
  9. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member