1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Left plow headlight will not work.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ShoreLineCT, Dec 8, 2008.

1. ShoreLineCT

ShoreLineCT Junior Member

MM2 plow works fine. Only thing is the left headlight on plow will not work. Dodge truck with 4 port module. Is there a jumper I must add to the harness connection to make this work. part number 8436. Changed the right and left bulbs and cannot get left to work.

Ed

2. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

3. ShoreLineCT

My Dodge is a 2500

Same problem and my high beam indicator also stays on. Will what BNrian describe work on the 2500 or is there a different jumper location setup needed.

Ed

4. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

My knowledge ends with that link. I would PM Brian and ask him.

5. ShoreLineCT

I did already

I did already. Thanks.

Ed

6. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

Never got the PM. What I described in the other thread also applies here other than if the bulbs are HB1 the wire colors are just opposite. Make sure your harnesses are wired correctly for the headlamp type on your truck. Don't assume that both headlamps are the same , as they could be different. The other issue with the left light out, is it just low beam? If so you will need to configure your configuration plug that is located about 18" back from the connector on port #1. There should be a jumper wire coming out of Pin B and gets inserted into Pin A or C depending on whether your truck has a positive or negative common at the headlamps. The easiest way to do this is to take a flathead screwdriver and bridge the center tab to one of the outside tabs - one combination will light up the left headlamp - this test should be done with the lights on. Do not bridge the two outside tabs or you will need a new module. let me know if this helped.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008