1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

left over salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by MnM, Apr 18, 2006.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

what does everyone do with there left over salt. I have about 4-5 ton left. I was thinking of asking my local municipality if they wanted it. Anyone??

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How about covering it and turn it over now and then.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I use the VeePro to load it in "super sacks" like they use for bulk cement. Then we put it on a pallet, cover it with clear plastic, cling wrap it and stack them 2 sacks high. Stores well no loss and very little caking.

4. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

If you really wanna get rid of it, let me know. I'll come take it off your hands!
    Is it straight salt or a mix?

How much would you want for it?

5. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I can't picture any municipality refusing a gift of pure salt. I used to have a deal worked out with our local DPW that we subbed to that I could bring my leftover mix in and store it in their salt shed for the summer then get it back in the fall. Worked great for 3 years then some jealous individual complained to the town manager and ended that deal unfortunately it ended with them keping about 20 yds of my mix.:cry:

6. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

That sucks!!:realmad: