1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Left over bulk salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ACA Landscaping, Mar 6, 2010.

1. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

hey guys i have prob 6 to 7 tons of bulk salt left and don't want to store over summer really don't have room if someone is interested get back at me i'd be willing to sell it for a major loss i pd 75 dollars a ton for it at evans and would be willing to let it go 150 bucks for it all so prob work at to be 25 or less a ton. salt is clean and dry stored indoors and is located in forest park right off 275 have bobcat on site to load email me at bajaforce265@aol.com or pm me on here or even call me at 513-293-1195 thanks guys

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

If you can't get rid of it, I have a suggestion for you. A couple years ago I had about 10 tons left over, and didn't have a place to keep it for the summer, so I contacted the city where I live, and donated to them. They gave me a tax reciept, and I was able to deduct the full price, plus a delivery charge on my taxes. It's just a thought.

3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I am interested........let me do some checking and I will call tomorrow

4. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

sounds like winter is over

5. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

OK sorry I would love to come get it but......I can't haul it all in one load and I do not want to make 2 trips.......

6. procut

procut Senior Member

If you were local I'd gladly take you up on your offer...

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Throw in delivery and you've got a deal! :D :laughing:

8. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

If he only saw how much you got left over, he'd make big eyes.:eek:

9. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

winter aint over yet :)

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Isn't that a double dip? You're going to deduct the purchase price as supplies/materials on your Schedule-C.

11. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

And the problem is...??

:D

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  12. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

?

yeah thats my whole angle because deducting that 500 dollars in salt as a loss will make all the difference in the world at the end of the year? hell might even get money back lol you caught me can't pull anything over on you guys. alright guys heres the deal don't feel like moving it at all you bring truck, trailer, rental car with big trunk with optional insurance plan whatever and i'll load you for free need it gone. if nobody steps up by next week i'll do what i usually do and give it away to rumpke's salt bin because i'm sure they're hurting these days lol

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Just saying :cool:

It's like guys that deduct the "retail value" of plowing their church.

14. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

The govn't double taxes us quite often.

15. derekbroerse

Don't get us started on the HST.... :realmad:

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It can't be that bad.....

We pay SS, Medicare, and State & Federal taxes on money we earn. Then we pay sales tax on the stuff we buy, plus ANNUAL excise tax if it's a motor vehicle. Invest the money, pay taxes when you haul it out. Registration, inspection, license fees are basically taxes. And have you ever seen a cell phone bill from down here?

17. derekbroerse

EVERYTHING is cheaper in the US than Canada.

The 13% HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) is supposed to replace our 5% GST and 8% PST. Sounds fine EXCEPT that not everything got both taxes. Now it does. For example, snowplowing used to be 5%, now will be 13%...

Its nothing but another tax grab. That's the mild way to put it.

18. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

You guys should try being in trucking--$3200/yr.

For a license plate.

:(

19. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

sounds like its time to start a revolution

20. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Same for lawn care, a year after hitting us with a pesticide ban that crashed my numbers 40%. McQuinty. "Bad economy??!.... Let's legislate them out of business too."