1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Left Angle Raises Plow ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by iceman_4432, Dec 13, 2005.

1. iceman_4432

iceman_4432 Junior Member

I have a Isamaric IIIA Cable controlled pump going to a joystick controller.

The raise and lower work fine. The right angle works fine. The problem is when i go to use the left angle ... it raises the plow.

I had unhooked the hydraulic line from the pump to the angle rams and the plow will move by hand from left to right .. so the rams are working.

Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

Thank you all in advance :D

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

When you let go of the "left angle" does the plow drop? If you check first the hydraulic fluid level. Second, look for corrosion at connection points of the controller. Third, consider that there may be ice in your fluid.

I don't know what an "Isamaric IIIA" is, but the above is based on my RECENT (like the past two weeks and today) with a Fisher SEHP type plow.

3. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

I had a similar problem. Ended up there was some ice build up behind the valve cover so the cable couldn't push the armature down far enough for it to angle left (not sure why that makes it go up). Popped the "icecube" out with screwdriver and it worked fine. Pack the area with grease and a bit of silicone to seal the cover and where the cable comes in...

4. 78W200

78W200 Member

There was a similar post on here not long ago, you may find it and see what they said over there, you may find a few more ideas.You might check to be sure your cables are adjusted properly. Try to take the cable off the lever that controls the angle and move it by hand then move the joystick and see what happens with the valve moved manually. If it moves like it is supposed to with the cable off. then your cables are out of adjustment. Also go to westerns web site and download a copy of their service manual, it is very useful. Good luck.

5. iceman_4432

iceman_4432 Junior Member

Thanks all.

And no, the plow does not drop when I release the joystick from Left angle position .. it stays up.

Ill play with the cables and see how its moving the valves.

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Then I think I'd go with ice blocking something.