1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED's Stolen

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by BlueLine Ent, Feb 8, 2008.

1. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

I had a customer report today to me that 4 TIR3 LEDs that I installed were stolen off his CAT226 in Stoneham Mass. They are on single brackets each, seeing as they stole those too right off the machine after they cut the wires. Anyone in the area, please keep an eye out for anyone with new TIR3s that may have been obtained in "less than respectable" ways. Thanks
  2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

man that sucks : (
  3. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Man what is wrong with people!! Get a freakin job and pay for your own stuff!! I just had my tools and various other things stolen from my truck about three weeks ago. $1000 in the hole.

GET A LIFE!!! We work hard for the things we have!! Get your own!!!

done ranting now,:blush2:
  4. Mstrfxit12

Mstrfxit12 Junior Member

Thanks for the heads up to. I'm in Woburn and have a few on my truck.
  5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

matt you talking about groundmaster? probably why I don't see there machine sitting near the road anymore.
  6. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Exactly. Two weeks ago it was the door off the one at Skyworks in Woburn too.
  7. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I bet some kids stole them for there cars. I just don't believe any real plow owner would do this but who knows I may be wrong
  8. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

i was at a truck pull last night and some little hood rat stole my light bar right off my truck. They just cut the wires and scratched the daylights out of the paint along the way. Too bad it was a plug in show me so they'll have fun trying to wire it up
  9. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

my boss got hit around here too....3 bars ripped off his dumps...it's hard all over

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

I just saw this.After this happened i welded 2 links of chain beside each other to lock down the new door he bought.He,s a good customer of mine that sucks this happened to him.:mad:
  11. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

With all these big ticket expensive lightbars out there... They are a high targeted item. All because of Fleebay. I wonder how much stolen goods and stuff that is parted out is sold on there:dizzy: I run a Whelen Patriot I custom built with strobes and Leds... got about 550 into it. Every morning last winter...the 1st thing I did before I sat my butt on the toilet was look out the window to see if the bar is still on the truck! I took it off when the snow was over. This winter when I put it back on... I'm using tamper proof screws to hold the light bar to the bracket I built and then I'm welding the 2 nuts and bolts together that hold the bracket on the Back Rack...Thats the most I can do to prevent theft.
  12. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I'll keep a look out in the north shore area. What color/lense combo are they? I had a set stolen from a yard in Peabody last year. What gets me is the time it takes to fix the damage they cause and then reinstall what they stole. :gunsfiring::gunsfiring::gunsfiring: