1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Led's or Lightbar

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mowerpan, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Alrite I'm trying to decided between a dual rotator pse lightbar and some sho me leds. I LOVE LEDS but i wouldn't have any on the sides with these. I already have a single rotator for the roof and just want something as a "toy" as I did a side job and gotta lil extra cash. First off how bright are the code 2 pse 420 lightbars, and how bright are SHO ME led's?
  2. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I have the Sho Me mini light bar on my Back Rack. It is NOT as bright as dual rotators. Someone told me that they use 1st generation LED's on the Sho Me and Whelen is up to 4th generation LEDs. I understand that the newer the generation, the brighter so the 4th generation LEDs are much brighter. I wish I could give you more info but that's about all I know. Hope this helps.
  3. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Alrite so in the day they are not that bright?
  4. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Right. They're fine at night but they're not all that bright during the day. The difference between rotators and the Sho Me light bar is very noticable during the day.
  5. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

We like rotors
    Sleek styling, superior light output!
    they kick some a** but wife likes strobes so to each his own....
  6. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Thanks guys, bought a dual rotator. Is used but got a good deal and it supossedly works. I'll polish it at work with the buffer and it'll be good as new.
  7. I have both!

I have both a dual rotator and a sho-me led. both have advatages! The rotator is brighter during the day, but the led is WAYYYYYY nicer at night! The rotator is kinda annoying at night, the led doesn't flash off buildings. here is a pic of my sho- me bar during a cloudy day! I have the clearence lights on to help show the brightness!

8. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

mowerpan - well first off .... whelen is the original manufacter of LEDs..... the difference in the leds are the way they are molded in the reflector ... generation 1 are just simple plain leds .... genderated 2, 3, 4, all have molded in reflectors so they produce more directional light ... if you want the best for the dollar go with whelen ... you pay for what you get ...
  9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

The brightest LED I have ever seen is the Whelen Talon....its a dash light but those same LED's are put into lightbars also....I have a Talon in my windshield and if you look at it too long your eyes actually hurt!:eek: