1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LEDs on the plows

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DFLS, Jan 23, 2008.

1. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

TIR3's on the plows (perfect for in / out of driveways) and facing front on the top. Whelen 600 series linear strobes 90w facing rearward. All adjustable patterns from cab. At night when it is snowing the strobes are almost too bright.[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReNACvHR2sc

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Sweetnessss

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

x2. The only thing I don't like is another set of wires to unhook with the plow.

4. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

,,,,,neat,,,,,

5. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

I've seen him around - light freak, lights everywhere:waving: talk about running up the number of posts

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Looks sweet, I like it might have to try something like that

7. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

The front is a standard 112v extension cord cut up, the rear plugs into the trailer plug.

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

yup that the olny thing i hate more wire's...other than that looks great

9. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

I like them:cool:. I feel sorry for the guy sitting next to you at a light in low car.......

10. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

Nice light setup and a nice truck.

11. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

This was already covered in a "Strobe Video Thread" why start a new one?

12. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Very Sweet from the rear... Abit dim in the front but overall...on the KD light scale...B You have to realize...I'm an old Fire Fighter and I've seen some really odd lighting combinations that can be seen for along way!

13. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

not to shabby ,,, like aerosmith in the background ... nice to see another Dodge dressed up ... and the lighting department is good ..... overall .. i score this truck 9.5 out of 10 ..... GOOD JOB LOL ...

14. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Lights used as needed only. If they are on while driving it is daytime and not on purpose.

15. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

wish i had a couple of those on my truck. very nice

16. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

The subject here is LED lights on the plows because that is what emerges from behind the snowbanks first. It is a safety issue and I thought that more people would do it if they saw it. Strobes cannot handle the vibrations and impact abuse mounted on plows, and forget about wiring them for disconnect. It is a NEW, undiscussed topic. Is THAT a good enough reason for you? [​IMG]
    And I want more posts.

17. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Glad to see my idea catching on!

18. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Thanks for the compliment. [​IMG]

19. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Makes more sense now, when you responded to my LED thread I thought you meant the lights were on the actual plow, like out on the blade somehow and I was wondering how they weren't always covered with snow if they weren't ripped off in the first place.. hehe.

20. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Yoreally have everything set! I really like how you have everything placed. Not to much, not to little. I think its just perfect!!!