1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED's on mirrors

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by swtiih, Jan 2, 2009.

1. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone have LED's on their mirrors. Specifically the towing mirrors.
    Are you guys running the wires internally through the mirror and door.
    Pictures would be great
  2. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Wiring is done. Ran it through the mirror arm. It is VERY difficult to get it through. Just waiting on the delivery of the led's. I went with a NOVA as i do not like the profile of the Whelen. I will post pictures on the thread in the strobe forum.
  3. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

Any tips on how to get the wire through. What keeps the wires from getting damage if the mirrors are folded back?
    Are you going to mount the led's on the back of the mirror or the bottom?
    Did you have to remove the glass potion of the mirror?
    Can't wait to see the pics
  4. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

can't wait to see how you do this cause i've always wanted to do it but didn't wanna ruin my mirror
  5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

to get the wire through just get a piece of wire of metal coat hanger and stick it through then tie the wire or tape it to the matal and pull it through.
  6. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I got them done check out the pict. in this link since we cant post the same picture more than once here.

Strobe thread
  7. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

They look great! They must look awesome at night. I got to do this can you give me some help
    How did you get the wires throught there?
    Will they get damaged if you fold the mirror back?
    Did you have to remove the mirror glass itself?
  8. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

I have them on my truck. tough to wire up. I was so tired of watching the flashing lights off the plow all night long. These here are much better. I will try and get pics tomorrow
  9. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

you will have to disassemble the mirror. This means removing the cover on the door side and all the hardware that holds the arms to the base. Mostly time consuming. I bet i have 4 hours for the pair just to get the light head mounted to the cover and run the wire through the mirror arm. BTW i left plenty of slack in there to allow for extension and folding of the mirror.
  10. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I have only looked at them quickly, but can't figure out how to disassemble the mirrors, I know on the 06 there was a plastic cover on the inside of the door to remove the complete mirror, but I don't know how to take it apart