1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LEDs on dump cab protector question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DirtyJerzey, Nov 9, 2010.

1. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

I want to put a pair of LINZ6 LEDs on top the front of my cab protector on my dump body. I know that I need to run the power wire from the battery all the way back to the pivot point on the dump and then back up to the front of the bed. Is there a clean way of getting the wires up to the cab protector? I really hate seeing exposed wires and want to do this as cleanly as possible. Anyone have pictures of how they ran power wires to the top of their dumps?

2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

you dont need big wires 16ga should do it . i also run a ground all the way back and ground it in the cab. and you should protect it in loom and i use some aluminum channel going up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

Thanks for the reply. Do you have those surface mounted or flush mount?

4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the 500 series marker lamps are surface mount

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Not sure I like the look of the channel going up, might be better looking if it was just painted steel to match the box color.

6. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

7. phen440

phen440 Junior Member

8. SafetyLighting

I think they would be awesome. I'm just waiting for an opportunity to use them. It woud be like having a beacon on each side of the cab but no wasted light.

9. phen440

phen440 Junior Member

Sounds like an awesome idea, crazy bright too!

10. SafetyLighting

The only concern I have is the light reflecting down and hitting the mirrors. Might make visibility tough.

11. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Mine just has a piece of 1/2" galvanized electrical conduit running up there and bent to follow the bottom of the cab guard. It was already there when I bought the truck and is painted to match the bed. Runs up the center and isn't really noticable at all. Sorry, no pics.