1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED worklites

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by milkie62, Feb 17, 2014.

1. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

I want to add some LED worklites to the front and rear of my Kubota M6800 tractor with FEL. Right now the front headlights are not really usable since the bucket blocks most of the light.And if I raise the bucket so I can use the lights my front view is obstructed.So I am going to drill and mount a couple of LED lights to the top of the grille guard for forward and 2 on the rear fenders for the back.I have seen some on Ebay for various prices that seem kinda reasonable.Can anybody recommend any type ---preferably flood that will be decent ? Also how are the intensities rated ? Thanks.

2. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping Junior Member

If you don't mind spending the money on a good product...that will definitely withstand a beating check out Rigid Industries.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

x2 on the rigid but hold on for sticker price!!!!!!!
    you can mount them up high and along the boom.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I've never used the Rigid, but I hear excellent reviews.

SoundOff makes good products as well, as long as you don't purchase the crap they import from China. Some are made in house, some are not. You can figure out the results on which is which.

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Check out DDM Tunning, they have very bright lights, heavy duty and great prices. Ive had a set on mine for almost 3 years now.

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Forgot to mention, I have 2 of the round 1325 lumen off road lights in flood pattern. If I angle them to point out more I can see about 10-15ft behind me very well, the flood beam wont get out as far as spot light pattern. They have a bunch that are a compact light with 2-8 lights together and are like 9000 lumen! They have pictures of what will look like at night on vehicles to help you decide.

7. Look in to the strobes more bars. I have 2 of the 6 inch ones on the truck for the tractor I would go with the 10 inch flood bar and make it like daylight

8. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

X2...Lots of bright LED lights on the market. None with the durability of the Ridgid brand. Got em on both trucks and the boat; and as a bonus...MADE IN U.S.A.

9. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I bought four last year from ebay, around $40 each (it was a package deal). Don't know where they are made, I suspect China... but they are cree LEDs. They are EXCELLENT. Draw very little power too, so that means you can run small wires if you mount em on your loader arms...

10. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

I bought the 10 pack off of ebay for 200. They have 9 leds in each and you have to tell them which ones you want ( flood or spot) when you order. I picked them because they do 12 or 24v and they work awesome. Pics dont do enough justice.

11. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

Thanks for the replies.

12. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Rigid for sure. These are only 4x4 and are amazingly bright

image.jpg

13. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

And yes they do get warm enough to melt snow. I know a lot of people worry about that

image.jpg

14. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

That's a good point. I guess mine must too, they are the only LED lights on my truck that don't need to be wiped off at every site. The regular LED marker lights, brake, and reverse lights all do.

15. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

I've used them all besides rigid ......best ones i've found to date are maxim 10 led 1500 lumen ...insane at night

16. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Rigids warranted for life too.

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I have 2 of the 6" Cree led bars under my rear bumper.I got them from StrobesNMore on black friday. The DDM lights I have on top of my bumper can't even come close.

18. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

http://youtu.be/EXMzkh-NzJk

Take a look at that. Rigid is some tough stuff and they stand by their product 100%. The guy I have said if anything goes wrong at all regardless if I smash it, roll my truck or shoot it with a gun they will give me a new set of lights

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  19. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

If you break them on purpose they won't

20. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I love that video!